89

CARMEN

"Look at me baby. Stop thinking." I grab both sides of Stefano's face, trying to distract him from the events earlier. He stands in front of me with a clenched jaw and nose flared. His eyes are lifted above my head and in the direction of the swaying trees behind me. The wind is starting to pick up. It was getting harder for me to stand, it kept pushing me further into him though I try my hardest to give him room the breathe.

He won't look at me. We've been standing here for half an hour as the others have been inside of the cabin and looking out of the window at us. Jason stands there with crossed arms and Luca peaks his head our from behind the curtain, it moves as he ducks down when I notice him. Jason couldn't care. I swear I even see his eyes squinting, challenging me.

They have no idea about the man Stefano gruesomely took out at the diner. I gulp when his face pops into my mind, and the blood that was spilt. Quickly shaking my head of the thoughts. I hear bending. Looking around, I notice Stefano's hands gripping the cars side mirror. Within seconds the mirror shatters into pieces.

Killing bothers him. Yet he was in rulership of the Italian mafia. The mafia that he will soon give up when he has Giovanni's head on a platter. Maybe then the two of us could get a full nights rest. Even thinking of that day fills my chest with a certain warmth that was unexplainable.

Knowing that he would no longer be in the eye of the storm, and that i'd have him all to myself. Safe in my arms where he belongs. It kills me to see him so distraught. If I could change places with him I would. In a heartbeat.

I sigh seeing his hand and the several cuts penetrating his skin. He has the nerve to let out a loud laugh. Shoulders shaking, he throws his head back, and eyes wide open looking up at the darkening clouds. It's due to rain any minute now and he's standing here having a panic attack, and with an audience.

"You need to get some sleep."

"Fuck sleep, Carmen. I need Giovanni in a body bag." His eyes return to mine and a storm brewed within them. His sharpened gaze gripped me. Shocked me. My mouth opens and closes in awe. He's never looked at me with so much hate. He's never spoken so ruthlessly, i'm sure of that.

"How do you suppose you do that with no sleep. You're filled with paranoia." I look him up and down with irritation bubbling in my tone. He watched me cross my arms with an amused glint in his eyes. A sarcastic smirk curls onto his lips before he's pushing past me and taking a walk down the long driveway.

His strides are fast, shoulders bent backwards. He looked prepared to kill. Almost like a hunter after it's prey. Fisting his hands by his sides. I look back towards the cabin and the five heads looking out of the window and quickly disappearing once I notice. My eyes roll and i'm quickly jogging to catch up with my angry man.

"Don't walk away when i'm talking to you!" Not looking at me. He keeps his gaze straight ahead, continuing to walk.

"This ends, today." His froze, hands balled into fists, I keep my distance as his words register in my head. This ends today.

"Breathe." I remind him. Grabbing him. He comes to a sudden pause, his body leaning into mine for the moment. I release a calm hum as he presses his forehead down onto mine. A deep breath in, and release.

He comes to a meditative calm.

...

"Sleep." I whisper into his ear, as I hug his upper body. My hand traveling into his hair and my lips placing soft kisses to his head. I wonder if he can even feel them through all of the hair on his head. I twirl the wild curls around my fingers as his body becomes heavier on top of me.