38

"I now pronounce you husband and wife." Jerking awake from my one hell of a lucid dream. Dread hits me like a truck.

"Miss. Jones, your assistance is requested by your mother. You are to be dressed for the engagement party." Bursting through the door, a dress is placed onto the end of the bed.

So not a dream, a nightmare. Feeling a slight glare from the feisty maid. She rushed back out of the door. I nod, silently to myself before getting out of bed.

I sit down at the small chair and table off the side of the bedroom to see pancakes and fruit on the food cart. Hating the sweetness of the foods going into my mouth. Nothing around me was sweet.

"Alright! The ice sculpture should go here." My mom moves around some of the maids, pointing into a direction.

"That's the perfect place!" Harpers mom yelled excitedly. I'm glad they were excited.

"Carmen be a useful hand! Grab the flowers by the stairs."

"Why can't the red head help." They both held in a smile. Mom raised her eyebrow waiting for my movements.

I can't believe I was missing college to plan an arranged marriage for someone I fell for.

Sounds insane really.

"The party is in just a few hours everything has to be perfect!" Again, why was the red head having no say in this.

Hours. Until the door opened to guests, the second it did I was rushed upstairs by Harper.

"You're going to be the one everyone is looking at." I scoff looking at her through the mirror.

"Don't flatter me too much."

"Leave it to me." She pulled out her makeup, doing wonders to my face. Dresses were thrown onto the bed ready to be chosen.

"These are all new?" I exclaim in awe.

"I made Xavier take me shopping yesterday, you're welcome."

"You and him are really close now, huh?" She smiles to herself. "Maybe."

"I just hope you're happy." She looks up with softened eyes. "I'm sorry about all of this. I know you think a lot of my brother."

"How?"

"It's the way the two of you look at each other." Her words circle around in my mind. I wanted to question further about what she mean't.

Holding each dress up to my body. She finally goes with a red dress. The dress i'm wearing hugs my curves, I felt good. I didn't feel like I was letting the man i've fallen so hard for go.

"You ready?" I notice Harper walking back into the room. Looking her from head to toe. I find myself tearing up. "You look so beautiful."

"You do!" She stops, pouting. Dragging me along with her. I hold on tightly to the railing as we walk down. Seeing each head turn our way, I wanted to turn around and run.

One head in particular. I swallow, gripping Harpers arm tighter. A black Armani suit. His face was a cleanly shaven. His eyes followed me like a hawk until my two feet hit solid ground.

"You coming?" I hear Harpers voice, but i'm unable to move. My full attention was his.
He inched his body towards mine. Until a body blocks my view.

"Look at you!" I look up to see, Lucas. Throwing my arms around my neck. I hug him into my body. I really missed him.

"You!" A laugh fills my ear.

"Where is Sydney?" He pulls me away from the stairs. We walk together, side by side. Stefano was long forgotten, but still in the back of my mind.

"She's here. Somewhere." He trails off, pausing in the middle of the dance floor. Before I could open my mouth.

"Have a dance with me." Stefano whispers into my ear from behind. "I'm dancing with Lucas."

"I didn't ask." He pulls my hand away from a frightened Lucas.

"What do you want Stefano? Shouldn't you be dancing with your fiancé?" He positions my body to dance with him.

"I could be." He tilts his head to the side, motioning for me to look. I see a familiar red head sipping on a drink by the bar. Surrounded by women, she gives me a nod of her head.

"She doesn't care." Suddenly twirling me around. His eyes glare down on me.

"Like I mentioned the night before." I'm about to drive my fist so far into his face.

"Eyes on me, prezioso." Instead I turn my attention to our feet moving. "I can't dance."

I admit, embarrassed. He makes a throaty sound acknowledging my words. It wasn't a laugh, I think.

"I didn't think you'd let Lucas.. live." He raised a brow. "You are friends correct?" We were more. What he didn't know wouldn't hurt him.

"Yeah, friends."

"It't best you not finish that sentence." I smirk, maybe he did know.

"You don't want details?" His hands tightened around my waist. There was my answer. I lean into him. Forgetting about our surroundings.

It was only him and I now. I always did this with him. It was only him.

"You don't want to know how he.. made me feel really good." Pulling my lower body flesh against his. A throbbing sensation appears in my lower region. He shifts his body against me causing a gasp to escape my lips.

"Should I show every eye in this room.."

"No, don't finish that sentence." I mock his words from before. He extends his hold on me. Without warning i'm dipped, and pulled back up. Shuttering, his hands leave my body.

A round of applause echo through the room.

                                  VOTE!!

guys.. we've officially hit +40,000 words! congratulations.. you've read ^ words.
again, i'll be editing in the future. i apologize for spelling errors.

[ hi editing (; ] thank you all so much for the support i love you x1000.