10

"Hi." I welcomed myself into Stefano's office. Dropping a filled folder onto the table in front of him. I have his full attention. Stressed out and tired looking, I almost feel sorry.

"Hi." His deep voice repeating such a soft word has my heart beating a faster rhythm. I bite my bottom lip, hiding a smile.

"You look awfully busy." I tease receiving an instant bitter sounding chuckle from him.

"Men like me are always busy." He replies slowly tugging at the tie around his neck. I  take a few steps forward. Skimming the book shelf in front of me with a finger. Nothing in particular catches my eye, they all looked old.

I turned my attention back to, Stefano. I was instantly met with his lingering gaze.

"Men like you, huh." His stare on me was intense to say the least. The first time we met his eyes were blank as paper. They now held mine warmly. A soft honeycomb brown.

"Men like me." It wasn't a question. I ignored him carrying on.

"Wanted to see.. if you have more information?" I gradually walked to him. That wasn't the only reason I came. Part of me wanted to see him again. How could I not after he touched me like that?

"Yes. It's worse than expected." He waited for a reaction, but I wasn't surprised.

"My men are seeing to your family as we speak." My mouth fell open.

"What do you mean?" I questioned him.

"You as well as your family. Will be under protection of the Mafia." He starts.

"Marco has involved more gangs. Just to take a girl out. As they have nothing better to do." I know I shouldn't feel hurt by his words. But I am just a girl.

"They believe you went to the police. You're a threat to him. If you took him down, his gang would have nothing, nor would the smaller gangs he supplies." He states and I frown looking at him in shock.

"I-I didn't..I promise I didn't." He didn't look phased by my response.

"If you did.." He questioned me. I sat down on the couch turning to face him.

"I didn't, Stefano." I said quickly. In the span of a week, my life became a mess.

Now my family was involved. And there's nothing I can do.

"Don't cry."

"You don't believe me!" He closed his eyes tightly.

I paused for a second. "Okay give me your phone." I demanded. I needed to speak to my mother before she has my head.

He didn't make a move staring at me.

"You want the phone?" He asks me.

I tilt my head slightly confused. "Obviously." I questioned eagerly.

He leans in without breaking eye contact.

"Come closer." He sat back. Does he think I won't. I crawled forward sitting sideways on his lap. My left arm went around his neck resting on his shoulder.

"Hi." He ignored my greeting reaching a hand up to move a strand of hair out of my face. Trailing his hand further down resting it on my
faces.

Our faces were close. His nose brushed against mine sending my body into a frenzy. I shouldn't like the sensation I felt by his touch.

But I did, I craved it.

He placed the phone into my hand.

Forgetting the papers that laid still in front of him. His lips trailed up my neck slowly.