48

"I want to meet him."

"No." Stefano's tone was final. A maid brought him breakfast, and I dug in. He didn't seem to care. The buttery croissant melted in my mouth almost instantly sending a happy feeling to the pit of my stomach.

"He's my - what's it called? I'm his step mom." I was unsure of my status in his life. He looked amused, flipping a piece of paper over.

"The family would be suspicious if you left the estate, especially with me." He wasn't wrong., but I couldn't help but feel like he was just making excuses.

I didn't forgive him, I didn't know why I was still in here. Scared he would slip through my fingers at any second, again. "What's he like?"

He never let up from his pen, opening his mouth with a sigh. "He's like you isn't he?" I interrupt his thinking. A deep chuckle echos up from his chest. Was that good or bad?

"What is that like exactly?" That got his attention. "A hard exterior, soft interior."

"What are your plans for today?" He avoided my answer, never denying my calling him soft.

"You want me to leave?" I ask, teasingly. He deserved to be distracted. "Never." I rolled my eyes, looking out of the window.

"The sky looks blue today." A desk closing, guides my attention back to him. Pulling out another stack of papers. "Is it not every day?"

"It's extra blue today." Small talk with his was what I was used to. Honestly I wouldn't want to have it any other way. It was comfortable, it was him.

Heavy knocks sound from the wooden door, grabbing our attention. It cracks open and a face I missed walked in. "Are you decent?"

My eyes widen, running to throw the door open wider. "Rico!" My arms wrap around his neck squeezing tightly. A grunt is heard behind us but I ignore him. "Hey Carmen. How are you?"

"I missed you!" I pull back to see his smirk. He looked over my shoulder wiggling his eyebrows at the man behind us.

"Hear that Stefano?" I hide a smile, letting go of him completely. "Don't push it." Please push it, I want a reaction.

He walks further in standing awkwardly. With the clearing of his throat, Stefano looks up and over to me. "Carmen."

"What you want me to go?" His brows rose. Mine did also, looking between the two of them. "Okay." Awkwardly slipping from my tongue.

"Wait she should know about Jason." If only looks could kill, Rico would be down under.

"Jason? What happened with Jason?"

"I've said too much already."

"Stefano?" He takes a minute before responding. "He was arrested last week." I lick my lips not sure if I was hearing correctly.

"Is he okay?"

"He hurt you and you care of his wellbeing?" I did and not only because he was my best friend. He lead me to Stefano.

"Yeah so, we broke him out." Rico cuts our staring off.

"WHAT?"

"What do you mean you broke him out? STEFANO?" My voice booms, sounding foreign to my ears.

The two men watched me pace the room, deciding what to say next.

"I decided you deserved answers." Stefano speaks up, and an anger spikes my chest.

"Do you ever tell me anything!"

"So i'll just split." Rico runs out of the room, keeping a distance between the two of us as he does. "Carmen."

"And Carmen? You're calling me Carmen now."

"Is that not your name?"

"No I am so sorry. You're married right it would be inappropriate for you to call another woman yours. Oh wait? IM THE WOMAN MARRIED TO YOU." He removed himself from his seat. Approaching me slowly.

"Prezioso."

"Where is he now?" I ignore his attempt to calm me down. "In one of my planes." One.

"Stefano." His hands captured my wrists, rubbing them gently. "I should have asked." I watch his softened eyes watch me. "I'm sorry."

"No need." I'm pulled into his chest, safe and sound. "You forgive me so easily."

"I don't want to." I mumble into his shoulder.

                                   VOTE!!

i'm sorry for the slow updates i'm having writers block, i miss you guys. chapters will get better bare with me

we'll be seeing jason soon huh