11

After my family got settled into guest rooms. Jax and I met back with our parents.

After taking my time to walk into their bedroom. I wasn't prepared to explain myself. How could I explain to my parents that I did, but didn't witness a murder. It seemed so simple to just tell anyone, but not so easy with my parents.

I would have to look my family dead in the eye. To tell them the person I grew up with. The little boy they saw almost as a son. Was involved with a gang. Not just in a gang, but that little boy they knew as my only friend. Has been helping the man who put a hit on my head.

He's 'Somebody that I used to know.' No pun intended.

The mere thought of my parents somehow being friends with the latest Mafia King, obviously has me on edge. I didn't know much about their pasts. Like I thought I did.

I seriously did not know.

Here we all sat waiting for me to speak. My families curious eyes sat glued to me.

I mentioned how I did in fact start a mafia war. That lead my father having to drag his wife away as she furiously fanned herself from passing out.

They rushed up stairs to be settled and guilt invaded my body. Jax elbowed my side making himself known wanting to go up as well.

"I uh." I started. My voice was calm but I felt uneasy. Knowing if I spoke again my voice would crack.

"So Jason has um.. he's in a gang." I clear my throat before saying.

"Your, Jason?" I wet my lips holding in my words. The gut hate feeling I had for Jason was strong. I couldn't understand why he would do this, and I didn't want to hear his reason, or his excuse.

I nod my head towards Jax answering his question. "We will be staying here while things are being handled. The gang just doesn't like me."

"What are you even talking about? That doesn't make sense why would Jason do that." Dad cuts Jax off.

"What things, Carmen?" My father's voice demanded. His tone was angry and eager to know what everything was about.

Jax looked pissed.

"The night before my birthday. I was closing my window when I heard what sounded like a gun shot." I swallowed before continuing. I took in my fathers face, he looked nothing less than shocked.

"I didn't do anything about it until I got a photo of myself from the window that night. Later on I got another photo of Me and Harper. I couldn't not tell someone so I came here, and we found out the anonymous sender is, Jason." I placed my hands on my thighs comforting myself.

I looked back and forth between my parents as they said nothing. Their eyes held shock, but they didn't look afraid. Why didn't they? Their lives are at risk.

Jax didn't look shocked, he looked hurt. Mother stands from her seat on the bed over to me widening her arms. "Oh, honey." Her eyes filling with a sympathetic look.

Her soothing hand rubbed my back comforting me. "I'm taking it okay surprisingly." I told her. I didn't lie, I was taking it better than expected. Seeing as we were best friends since before I could remember.

"You're my daughter nothing has ever phased you." I furrowed my brows. She was right I was never the type to react much.

"He's actually apart of a gang." I told them looking down.

"Which one?" My father questioned. "Marco.."

"That son of a bitch is still in business?" He growled out. "He's the one trying to get rid of me, he thinks I saw something.."