70

CARMEN

I stumble back into our bedroom, and out of breath as I do. I power walked my way down the halls and up the stairs. Getting curious looks from the guards in the process. I didn't bother saying a word to any of them. For one, I was angry with Stefano. Although I know the safety of the family was more important as of right now. Jason fled, and there's no telling where the fuck he went. Or if he's even on the estate anymore. But there's something going on that I don't know about, and I will find out.

Never mind my thoughts of wanting to carve my name so deeply into my husbands skin, to mark him as mine, my claim.

Paws off Arlo, and now that I think of it, any other women. Just thinking of Arlo's name makes me want to use the gun Jax slipped me a while ago in case of emergencies, and that's bad. I wanted to use it, and have each and every one of my questions be answered. I wanted to confront the both of them. Why, I just want to know why, how? How long has this been going on behind my back, if it was even anything to begin with. No doubt, I didn't see him touch her, honestly he kept his distance, but her words were on a repetitive loop inside my head. At this point, I was making up excuses for him.

My back slams against the door as I shut it with force. Feeling a burning sensation run up my back, I shutter. It felt good, but it was a reminder of everything around me. Where I am, what i'm doing, what i'm thinking. How I am so addicted to Stefano. How fucking in love I am with the man who can't seem to muster up the courage to say the three words back to me. It's never mattered until today, right now? His words weren't enough right now.

"Where have you been?" My eyes fly open instantly, swallowing back my pride. Just the man that i've planned to avoid. Avoid until i've planned what I was to say to him when I saw him. Shouldn't he be dick deep into his mistress? The other mans woman. He stands by the bed, staring directly at me with confused, accusing eyes. I watch as his arm lifts up, to undo the first four of the buttons on his blazer.

I take notice of how the air and temperature changes. He and I both knew words were about to be said. How could he stand there, and look as good as he does. My eyebrows do their thing, the thing I do when i'm thinking hard about something. They furrow before raising slightly to my forehead, and he notices the small change in my face.

"I came back down to the party and couldn't find you, where were you?" He asks, leaning his body onto the beds post. The california king in which i've fallen in love with the canopy style. It was my dream bed, dream room, dream man. I don't answer, not even knowing where to start. My head shakes momentarily before my eyes can even meet his again. He was okay with it, just like that. I find his eyes with mine, giving him an unbelievable look. He's just told me he left the party. He didn't hide the fact.

I try disregard my thoughts. They weren't important. We had a trespasser on the estate, somehow. Most people downstairs go in and out seeing as they work for my husband. But Jason must have slipped through, going unnoticed by anyone. At least I hope this is the case. My brows fall, lifting my weight up and off of the cold door.

"Jason.. he's here. Jason's here." My words spew and my voice sounds fragile. Stefano stands still, and frightens me to no ends when he doesn't react the way I thought that he would. He looks down to the floor, not daring to meet my eye. He knew what he's done, which was not only lie but clearly go behind my back.

"Did he do something to you, say something?" He removes himself from near the bed, trying to walk closer to my place at the door, but I walk from it, and around him. He knew something that I didn't. He wasn't shocked, surprised. He knew that Jason was here and didn't tell me.