54

Dinner ended with Stefano nowhere to be seen. Much to my disappointment. My being away from him has me considering Harpers advice after all. Befriending Lucas could be a good thing. We've been distant for so long.

Walking the stoned path of the garden. I see his stance near the familiar black gate. This between Lucas and me wasn't going to be in the romantic way she thought.

Lucas knows that by now. He was a good friend. I'm sure we've never had actual deep feelings for one another. She had a reputation at college. From sleeping with girls and even rumored to be with guys.

I don't regret doing sexual things with him. I wanted experience. In the back of my head I knew i'd see Stefano again. Half of me just wanted the full college experience.

The sun was setting with each step. Furthering myself into the garden. "Lucas." I call.

His jaw clenched before looking over at me. The guard standing next to him paid us no mind. "How are you doing."

I ask the most obvious questing. Getting no reply. Failing to acknowledge me, I pace the space ahead of him. "You're mad at me." He shook his head silently.

"Do you want me killed?" His eyes left from above my head. I look up to see Stefano's figure standing from the window watching us.

"I miss you." I push hair from my face seeing a sad expression on his face.

"We shouldn't be speaking, Carmen." A pinch to my heart occurs. "Ignore him." Instead of a reply from him. The guard next to him scoffed.

"Carmen go!" Tears sting my eyes, before walking away. I'm sorry it had to be this way.
I breathe heavily, wiping my tears.

"Lucas don't do that we'll get in trouble!" Climbing the gate, Lucas looks down at me before smirking. "Live a little."

Finding the entrance, I push the smaller gate open. Looking shocked, he shrugged pulling me along with a hand.

"I can't believe you."

"Shh." We make it into the doors. A glimmering blue pool awaits.

"Really?" Stripping down, he nods. Taking my shirt off i'm left in a bra. "If it's cold-" A shriek falls from my lips feeling the water touch my skin. Feeling arms leave my waist, I reach the surface. "Asshole! It's freezing."

"I'm proud of you."

"For what?" Floating onto his back. I try failing completely. "You can't float?" He asks me as if it were impossible. "No."

"Come here, relax."

"No! You're going to drown me." Hands touch my waist. "Relax." In my ear, pulling my body backwards. My back hits the water, while floating. "Don't let go."

"I won't." He replies after a minute. "Who taught you how to float?" I question.

"It's common sense dumbass." I laugh at his reply, coming up from my position. Turning around I see something that I least expected.

"Lucas!" His head snapped to the side seeing what I saw. Security in clocking the door sends the both of us moving from out of the pool at the speed of lightning.

"Carmen go!"

Knocking on the door of his office, I feel weak. Not waiting for a reply, I walk in. "Come in." He jokes, watching my walking to him.

"You weren't at dinner." Watching me for a moment, he ignores my question.

"Why were you talking to that boy?" Furrowing my brows, I think of the hilarious fact.