51

I walk into Stefano's office wearing only my robe. My slippers are loud sliding on the floor, making my appearance known to the tired man. He turned in his chair, furrowing his eyes as he does.

"What are you wearing?" He grumbles, looking me over. What did he think I was wearing he has eyes. He assumes that I was awake at the late hour or 10pm.

"You called me here, what do you need. I was somewhat afraid that he had a tantrum or something. "Come, close the door."

I slam the door walking further into the cold office. The fire places flickers in the corner of my eye exciting me.

Sitting down on to the floor in front of it. I throw my arms out feeling the best travel to my skin. "Be careful." I feel his presence behind me. Sitting on the ouch directly behind me, his legs touch my back almost, skimming me.

"What's a fireplace in italian?" A strand of my hair his picket up, and wrapped around his finger. "Fireplace? He questions, hardly.

I quietly point to the giant one in front of us.

"il camino. Ive know it to be chimney." Removing my hair away from my neck, he plays with it. I lean back against his legs to look up at him.

His hands travel up from my hair to test on both of my flushed cheeks. "Hi." I loved the reaction I get as always, that little smile.

A kiss is placed on my forehead. I didn't expect him to lift me like a feather. A squeak escaped my lips as I sit on his lap. It's felt like the first time I sat in this designed seat.

All of those times lead to where we were now, and in this moment. Pulling me one again, I rest fully on his front.

Wiggling, he gripped my waist tightly. "No." I just wanted to see his face. Hs was holding me like a baby and I couldn't complain. Dipping his head into my neck, the fireplace was doing me no justice as chills went up my spine.

I felt so wanted in his arms. Even before when he'd throw be out the next minute. I wanted to scream and cry, but nevertheless stay here forever.

"Do you think.." I sigh heavily, deciding not to continue my words. He makes a low hum waiting for me to carry on. "It's nothing."

Being his head up along with my jaw, he looks at me with pointed eyes. "What is it." The words slip out if my mouth before i'm able to stop them.

"Do you think that you will ever love me?" I blink repeatedly under his lasting gaze. He doesn't flinch, he doesn't turn away.

"You have my heart." He says lowly. What did that even mean. "You have mine, Stefano." I heard the sadness in my voice as I looked back at the fireplace.

All i've wanted was him to look at me the way I do him. Before him I was a girl trapped in Brooklyn. I never knew a person could make me feel this way.

The feelings I had for him were unnerving. With lust, I feel into him loving the attention that he gave me. Now, it was much more.

I wanted to crawl inside of him and have him for myself forever. All I wanted was him.

"You're sad." He wasn't good with emotions, but understood mine. He knew me like the back of his hand. He understands me and that's all that I had ever wanted growing up.

I shake my head against him, embarrassed my my actions. I lift my head, feeling his hand on my waist pull me back.

"I don't know how." I let out a deep sigh.

"It's easier than you think." He didn't reply, stiff behind me.

"Tell me, how do I know." Tears sting my eyes.

"You look at a person you once knew as a stranger, and you see their face and feel comfortable. You love the person as they are. They're your best friend.

"You look at the person you love knowing that once they were nothing but a stranger to you. Now you find comfort in them. You learn them and love as they are. Your best friend, you trust them with your life. Thinking of them as you fall asleep at night, and them being on your mind the moment you wake up." I trail off realizing my words. I was explaining the way I felt with him. Harper was right.

I loved him.