82

CARMEN

As soon as we pull up into the drive way, i'm doing a dash towards the front door. Pulling at the handle and successfully opening. My eyes fly around to see an empty room. Of course everyone must be sleeping.

I start to quickly walk in between the couches and into the hallway. Shuffling my way to the master bedroom. Slowly opening the door, careful not to wake him.

I see an empty bed. The bed was made up perfectly, he must have done it. Which makes sense as to why the front door was unlocked, he was already awake. But was he here?

I huff in defeat, making sure to check the bathroom and closet, no luck there. I slowly turn around and make my way back into the hall. Wondering if he sept in Luca's bed instead.

My feet take me to Luca's bedroom and the door was already cracked open. Yet instead of Luca laying asleep, Arlo and Adrik laid close together. Cuddling. They were both fast asleep.

What the hell?

"Where is he?" Jason whispers, creeping up from behind me. Making me into the air, terrified. A ragged breath falls out of my lips as I push him out of the room and back into the hall. Moving around him to get back into the living room. My thoughts carry me away, wondering.

"I don't know." I growl.

"I'm fucking tired." Jason complains, jumping onto the couch. Stretching out and kicking his shoes off, I can't help but want to sleep too. After the long night we had of talking and catching up, it was exhausting to say the least.

But good. It was needed, i'm glad that we said all there was to say, at least I think he did. I did for sure. I just wish we weren't half high for all of it to come out, on his part. I said all I needed to say way before I even took the drug.

Not only that but let's not forget the slight accident.

Flashback:

"What's the difference between a turtle and tortilla- no tortoise?" I corrected myself, watching Jason watch me from across the car. Baffled and slowly chewing on a cheeto. He continued to shove the cheese balls into his mouth as he tried speaking. Choking on the food and laughing at himself.

I continue to stare at him awkwardly.

"I think balls are cheese." I voiced calmly. Turning my head and looking around the car. I slump further down in the seat in defeat. Eyes watering in amazement.

"Because cheese balls are like.. balls." Jason agreed.

"So you get what i'm saying?" I ask him getting a large nod of his head in agreement. Passing me the bag of cheese balls. I take one, popping it into my mouth and chewing quickly.

"I knew you would because you get stuff like that." I compliment, giving him back the bag and rubbing my dirty fingers onto the napkins piling up in the compartment in front of me.

"Uh oh." Throwing the cheese balls down. I look around, disoriented and confused. Looking for the loud sound that beeped in the truck.

"What was that!" I cry out.

"Somebody's coming, act cool." Straightening up my back and legs. I watch through the dash board as I bigger truck pulled from the road and parked in front of us.

Now safely getting out of the vehicle. The drivers door opens and closes. Showing a man half the size of Jason and me combined.

We both look over at each other and shrug.