50

"A ploy hm?" He didn't care about my shaking body next to his. Nor my trembling hands gripping the side of my shirt as if my life depended on it. I knew he wouldn't hurt me. His next actions were undetectable, which was terrifying.

"No." I breathed out, feeling my voice tremble as I do. Did he seriously think this way about me after everything. "You've fooled me?" He repeats again staring down at me.

My head snaps up to his. Taking a moment to register his words or what he meant by them.
Opening and closing my mouth like a fish out of water, he captures my jaw with a hand.

"You know I didn't, I promise." I say much calmer than before. He didn't look convinced by my words. Gripping my face tighter, he stares at me softer now.

He backed away, before punching the wall next to my head. My heart skips a beat frightened at his sudden outburst. His fist draws back bloody from the wall. "Stefano." I say his name calmly.

Watering eyes, he backs up against the wall that was next to me.

"Carmen, tell me you didn't." He muttered under his breath, resting against the wall now.

"I didn't betray you." He's silent for a moment. Closing his eyes in the process.

"Promise me." Be begs me, breaking my heart.

"I don't like the idea of you afraid of me." He continues. "You said I should." I reply, instantly confused. He always does this, regrets his words or twists them up.

"I'm not a good man." He wasn't good for me, but he was for me. The way my hands fit perfectly in his wasnt just a coincidence.

"I don't care." I answered truthfully.

"I'm selfish." I'm selfish too. He moved the hair out of my face. Tucking it behind my ear, he leans down to place a kiss on my head.

"You're just pointing out your flaws now." I take his hand, sizing it up with my own. It seemed to calm him down, but his breaths were heavier. "Hi." I smiled seeing his lips turn into a smirk. This was that I loved. Moments like this with him. "Hi."

"Are you just going to divorce me?" I mumble, asking randomly.

"I married you for a reason." He accuses, with defense. "I'm yours? Is that all? What was the reason?" He wanted to say something. I don't think that it was something I wanted.

"You're mine, I made it official." Claiming me once again, with nothing in return. Didn't he know a piece of paper didn't compare to words, to actions.

"I've been patient with you." That was an understatement. I disregarded anything he'd done to me in the past. Making excuses for everything along the way. I wanted to believe that there was good in him, and I found it.

"I know." Reaching up, I wrap my arms around his neck, resting a head onto his chest. It takes a mintute before his arms snaked around my waist. This was my safe place.

His head bent down to rest in my neck, placing his lips on my skin. The shutter I couldn't help, traveled up my body. Making me press my body harder into his.

Sucking softly, his hand fist my hair holding tightly. "So beautiful." He was doing it again. Ignoring the way he felt, the way that I felt.

The sad fact is thatI didn't care.

"I'm going to go." He released me, staring at me emotionless. He didn't reply but watched me leave out of the door. What was it that he didn't understand? What did I need to do to show him how I felt.

He's not just the leader of one of the biggest mafia families out there. Like everyone says that he is. He was just Stefano with me.

My Stefano to be exact. We've come this far, I cant give up on him now. He needs me even if he doesn't show it. I'll be there for him when he needs someone by his side. To comfort and hold the big man.

To sooth his thoughts the best that I could, and only hope that he does the same back to me.