60

PART 2
THE SEQUEL

He is my moon.
Even through the darkest nights,
I trust his light to guide me.
- Carmen Rosetta Genovese

CARMEN'S POV

Being the wife of a Mob Boss was easy enough said. All I had to do was stand by my husbands side and look pretty. So here I stand, by Stefano's side as he welcomes families into the estate. Our estate to be more specific. Ranging from old friends to sworn enemies. He stands tall with his hard demeanor. Whilst glaring at me as I give wide smiles to the friendly. Which were a good few.

Cluelessly shaking their hands, and shying away from unwanted kisses. I've caught on that the Italians were very touch friendly. The others more or less just wanted to get my husband riled up. And each time without fault. The possessive arm around my waist would tighten in jealousy. It amused me completely. And sending my heart into a frenzy. Let's not forget the pulse between my legs either.

"If you don't want to watch them touch me. Then maybe you should leave." My words are whispered into his ear tauntingly. Without having to struggle, reaching his ear. I stand just below his height. It took me only three weeks to learn the art of balancing on the mini stilts known as heels. Stefano would laugh each and every time I would take a tumble while practicing.

"Now why would I leave you alone to the bar?" He places a longing kiss to the side of my head. Which earns himself a hard smack on the back from my hand. I decided that drinking was fun. In more ways than one. It angered Stefano to no ends, giving me the attention I wanted. Two, receiving what he would call a punishment in our bedroom.

"Don." Our eyes drift to Giovanni walking up to my side. Clearly giving us a warning, his eyes travel to a direction across from where we stand. Waiting for the two arriving visitors in the corner of my eyes. I glare at Giovanni longer for interrupting our speaking. I love my alone time with Stefano, more than anything. I cherish it.

"What's wrong now?" I murmur, feeling his arm become protectively tighter around my waist. Tilting my head up, I watch as his demeanor begins to change in just seconds.

"Baby?" I voice, concerned. He ignores me, watching the two walk our way. Silently speaking for Stefano. Giovanni sends me a pointed look as he guards us with caution.

"Adrik." Stefano is the first to speak. Greeting the man who matches his height exactly. The two of them take a moment to themselves. Making my eyes bulge out of my head once they shake hands willingly.

"Genovese." The mans facade drops quickly. Taking Stefano's hand in his. I drown out their words as they start to speak. I instead take interest in watch Giovanni's back as he leaves.

"Who is this?" Rubbing a thumb over the exposed skin in my dresses slit. Stefano pinched a bit of my skin, snapping me back into reality.

"Carmen." I take my time, looking up to meet Adrik's eyes. Meeting another pair beside him, but baby blues.

"Arlo." I take the woman on his hips hand in mine. Letting my eyes travel down her dark turquoise dress. Ultimately biting the inside of my cheek when her nails dig into the skin of my hand.

"Watch it." Adrik pulls her back roughly, growling in her ear. Like a dog on a leash. I almost felt bad for the panther-like woman.

Stefano's eyes were a glare of fire.

"Yeah watch it, Cruella de Vil." I hear a light chuckle from above, covered with a cough.

"What the fuck?" She pounced only making me laugh when I'm pulled back roughly. Giggling as Stefano stands taller, blocking me from the woman's antics.