39

The remainder of the night I spend my time at a table alone. In the corner of the room I watch Stefano that every minute went by.

He greeted guests, cozying up to his fiancé.
They looked happy together, really happy together.

They looked like a couple. She looked perfect in his arms as he swayed her.

Was I drinking a large amount of vodka?

Did Lucas at some point sweep in and take the large bottle of alcohol I took from the kitchen?

Yes, thought it was unnecessary. I can handle myself, I can.

The end of the night came slowly, and I remove myself from my seat once the last claps of the night sound in the room.

Lucas was very well distracting me, but I couldn't take the vision of Stefano holding another in his arms.

"Slow down little one." His voice booms in my ears. I wasn't little, maybe to him but I wasn't.

"Shut up asshole." I trip over my feet, falling forward. He's been watching me all night i'm guessing. I felt bad about my words instantly.

"Which was is your room?" I point in to a direction. Lucas starts to guide me and I freeze.

"Wait! Other way." I giggle. "Wait! I-I forgot."

"I don't know." He looks at me weirdly, before picking me up. "No." I extent my big no into a whine.

"I'm sorry he's hurting you Carmen." I look around his moving body, wiggling in the process. I realize we were going down a familiar hallway. "Ste-"

I get cut off by Lucas talking to a guard. He explains something to him before asking him to open the doors to Stefano's office. He puts me down onto the leather couch. "Don't leave."

I beg Lucas, receiving a saddened look from his baby face. "Im so sorry." I was tired of hearing those words. Everyone felt bad for me.

"Why?" I grab his hand, pulling him closer but he doesn't budge. "Everything."

He sits down beside me, putting his head into his hands. He looks at me with tears in his eyes. "My feelings for you weren't fake. It wasn't a job getting to know you. Please remember this."

"You lied." Tears start to fall from his eyes.

"NO! Don't cry." I take a shaky hand, wiping his tears away.

"I wanted you to be mine." He whispers, closer to my face. I couldn't find words. Patting his back he laughs nodding.

The door is thrown open and both of our heads snap up.

"Youre no longer needed, Lucas." Lucas jumps up without a second thought, moving out of the room at once.

He never looked back at me.The door shut and it was like he was never hers to begin with.

Stefano and I were alone in the room.

I fall back onto the couch sighing. Everything around me was loopy. Drinking only takes some of the pain away.

"What did I tell you about drinking?"

"Sorry daddy." I could hear his breath hitch from across the quiet room. "You were with that boy again."

"You say it like.. i-it's a bad thing."

"Get up." His tone was thick. "No."

His arms went around me in an instant pulling me to stand. "Here get this over with." He shoves a paper into my hand, scaring me.

"Your college forms. I will be away for the next month on the honeymoon."

"You're leaving me." I said the obvious. He didn't show any emotion on his face motioning down to the paper.

"Now. I don't want you at the school when I leave." What does he think i'll just go?

Taking it from my hand harshly. He slams it on to the coffee table, handing me a pen.

"I don't want to leave college." I pout, sadly.

He ignored all of my words and continues to stare at me. I take the pen signing where he tells me to. A small smile appears on his face.

"Leave me alone now."

"This is my home. I will be in any room I please." Assholes men are assholes.

He looks me over landing his eyes on to my lips.

"I can guarantee your safety now." His finger goes over my cheek, before standing up.

A wave of emotion hits me from nowhere.

"Where are you going?"

"My-"

"Stefano!" Red walks into the room placing both hands into her hips. "Everyone is suspicious now! You couldn't keep your hands off of her for an hour at least? The second she walks into the room?"

His knuckles cracked pointed behind her. She turned her head looking surprised. "I'm sorry."

My eyes start to get teary. She looked regretful surprisingly. "I was leaving." I trip seeing Stefan make an inch of movement to catch me but i'm too quick.

"I'm fine!" I rush out of the door ignoring their eyes. My feet ache in the heels I wear hurting my heart even more.

"Carmen." I look to see mom sitting on my bed.

"Oh darling." I breakdown hearing her voice.

                                   VOTE!!!

3 updates in 24 hours?? AAAH