7

I was sitting in a car with, Xavier. He was waiting by the driveway. Stefano hadn't let me figure out a way of getting myself home.

"Can I turn the radio on?"

"No." I puckered my lips awkwardly not knowing what to say

"So." I start, clapping my hands together.

"Do you need someone to talk to?" I ask him seriously.

"What?" Xavier snapped giving me a fast glance before looking back to the dark road ahead.

"Well I see the way you look at, Harper. Have you made any moves?" He says nothing, raking his blonde hair back from his face.

"It's none of your business." Probably not.

"I know. Just wanted to ask." Giving me a glance, I can tell he's hesitant. I look up to see we've made it to my street.

"Thanks for the ride." He doesn't give me the time of day as I get out. Waiting until my front door is unlocked, I watch him pull off.

Thankful that my parents weren't waiting up. I shower quickly before jumping in bed. Feeling a slight vibration from my phone next to me.

I roll my head to the side before picking it up.

'1 Notification: Stefano 1m ago'

My heart starts racing in my chest.

I scrolled through my missed notifications. None important but the dee my parents sent about assuming I was with a friend.

'Let me know if Xavier made you walk'

'He likes me.'

'That is doubtful.' I laugh, ignoring his reply.

'I thought I'd have to walk home alone.'

'Did you think I would let you.' Yes.

'A 1000%.'

'Goodnight.'

'I already told you goodnight.'

'Goodbye.' I threw my phone back on the nightstand. Forgetting to text back Harper. I grab it once again.

'I'm home, Harper.'  I threw my phone somewhere and fell asleep almost immediately ignoring the ding signaling my phone.

The next morning was gruesome school was almost over. I made a repeat of that sentence in my head all morning.

I poured myself orange juice as my father came into the kitchen. "Good Morning sweetheart."

"Morning. Have a good day at work."

"Have a good time at school." I glared at him. He teases my hate for school. In all honesty I just dislike my school not my classes itself.

the front door echoes through the hall slamming open. I looked up to see Jason coming inside with a big grin. Panic ran up my body not knowing what to do.

do I smack the shit out of him or act like everything is normal. I'm all alone with no big Mafia dudes to protect me

"Morning Mr. Jones! Mrs. Jones." he grabbed a piece of bacon and looked up at me with a smile

"We should go-" I started off trying to leave this situation but mom screamed out

"Oh my god Sebastian look at this!" I hurried over curious and she had her tablet held out.