86

CARMEN

Dancing in front of the refrigerator light, Stefano spun me around. Catching me as I fall, slipping because of my fuzzy socks. He scoffs back a laugh. Twirling me around again before I can even catch my breath. I heave getting a sudden gust of air through my mouth.

"I swear on everything if you don't stop pulling me around like a rag doll." I grip his hands tighter, holding on tightly to him as I fall again, slipping in between his spread legs. He laughs loudly for any of the sleeping humans in the rooms down the hall to hear. Never mind Paul and Jason sleeping on the living room floor.

Adrik and Arlo have Luca's room and he is sleeping on mine and Stefano's bedroom floor. He created a fort next to the window, begging us to sleep there instead of on the bed so we couldn't say no. I know Stefano had no problem with it. He couldn't wait to have me all to himself up on the bed. Luca kicks in his sleep.

"It's two am! Shut up." I whisper yell as i'm being pulled up from the floor. I wanted ice cream and even after Stefano swore we didn't have any, he accompanied me as I decided to check anyway. Sadly he was right. I really should trust him more, huh?

So, instead of ice cream, he started to glide me around the kitchen. We danced to nonexistent music and I loved it. No matter how much I complained, he knows this too. Daring to stare into my eyes like i'm everything and all that matters.

"It's our home." He shoves me away just to pull my wrist forward. Turning around, I slide across the slick floor as he drags me around with both hands, back up on his feet quickly. Laughing harder, he raised my arms above my head and spins me around like a princess.

"Are you having fun again kid?" I tease.

"Spin me." He smiles goofily. I grip his hand and jump up trying to get our arms over is head. Getting the memo, he ducks down. Hooking and arm around my waist and lifting. Our dancing becomes acrobatics.

"Stefano!" I groan.

"Ah, there's people sleeping." He whispers against my neck. Holding me tightly, I wrap my arms and legs around him. Watching as he moves carefully towards the refrigerator to close it.

"That's it?" I frown sadly.

"You've told me to shut up and stop for the last ten minutes." He nips at my neck. Walking up back into our bedroom for more pillow talking. A nightly thing we've done for months now.

Exploring each other's minds. That's my favorite thing we do.

"Didn't mean it." I grumble. He quietly shuts the door and we both turn our heads towards Luca. Hopeful to not wake him and we're successful.

Stefano drops my gently down onto the bed. Nudging my leg to move backwards so I could make room for him. I slither across the comforter to my spot, brining it up to my neck.

"Sh!" I shush him and his loud groaning mouth. He slides into the bed yawning irritatingly loud. He closed the gap between us, texting his big head onto my shoulder, I wrap my arm around his neck. Moving his head down to rest comfortably on my chest.

"Ask." He demands, grumbling. His hand smooths over my lower stomach and it's safe to say his movements are soothing my mind.

"What ever could you mean?" I ask, gliding my fingers through his hair.

"3."

"Cmon what do you mean?" I whine.

"2."

"Baby."

"1-.." I cut him off.

"What have you guys been planning. I never see you anymore and that in itself is driving me loco but I need to know. You have to tell me!" I express, cupping both of his cheeks and lifting his entire head. He gives me a dimply smile.