52

Trying to forget the hour before. I wipe my tears. As each drop falls, i'm reminded of the hour before.

"I don't i'm sorry."

"What do you not understand?"

"Please, Stefano."

"I could never love you."

"You don't mean that."

"Baby, I do." Begging my way out of Stefano's hold. He shoves a gun into the side of my head.
Holding his finger down onto the trigger. No remorse, no emotion is shown in his eyes.

"I don't need you anymore." He whispers.

"STEFANO!" Jerking out of my sleep. The dream felt so real. I'd seen the same look in his eyes before. A stormy silence.

He needed me, right?

Jumping at a knock on the door. I stand up from the windows seat. Not waiting for me to speak. The maids voice echos from behind the door. "Miss. Jones, breakfast. May I come in?"

"No!" I yell, feeling embarrassed after.

"Would you like me to leave it by the door?" She tries again, as I put my banging head into the palm of my hands. With as much energy as I could. I yelled through the door once again.

"No, Please." I tried this time a little nicer. I didn't hear her again after that. The sun shining in full force now burned my eyes.

"This is so stupid." I whisper to myself, turning towards the bed. Getting in and pulling the comforter over my head. I beg myself to fall back asleep.

And as I do. I'm interrupted by the door opening. I huff loudly, warning the maid to back the fuck away.

"You're not eating?" His voice sends electricity up my arms. I stilled from my irritated tossing. His movement came closer to the bed. Scaring the hell out of me. His hand ripped the cover from over my head. So I flipped on my side away from him.

"Carmen." I huff, jumping up from the bed. I make a run to the bathroom. When he catches me by the waist.

I direct my eyes to his chest, inhaling. I would see those eyes and remember my dream. And how it wasn't a dream, at all. I'd seen those eyes before.

This time they were staring right at me. His intentions were to hurt me. Something I never thought would be real. Just my imagination, it wasn't.

"I'm tired." Before I could finish my last word he was speaking. His tone was harsh, scaring me. "You slept for 12 hours." I didn't, I was hiding in my room, from you.

"You know what they say.. the longer you sleep." Being cut off from my words once again. He moves from his spot, scaring me into jumping backwards. "Carmen."

I squeeze my eyes closed breaking.

"Please just don't." I hold my hand out, stopping any movement he would want to make towards me. "What did I do?"

His voice broke my heart. I knew looking at him, he would be showing off his soft eyes. Unlike the hard unkind scolds that I had been getting lately.

I need to know he wouldn't hurt me. Looking down at my feet, I walk to him. In my own time, my arms wrap around his waist.

His heart beats frantically in my ear giving me peace. Slowly his hands wrap around me, holding my head softly to his chest like I love.