32

"Has Stefano given you visit yet?"

"No!" I blurt receiving amusing looks from everyone at the table. It took me a while to fall asleep. I kept waking up, tucking the comforter back over my head.

It's what i've done ever since Stefano and I were apart. The first night he woke me up gave me a sense of comfort.

Him being in my bed sent me an overwhelming feeling of safety. With the big puffy blanket it was like his arm was around me, holding me.

I happened to wake up around 5am. Watching the sunset was boring, so I went downstairs and made friends with a cook.

His name is Pauly, I had to make the joke of him being Pauly D and surprisingly that was the first time he'd heard it.

I asked for pancakes, and ate before anyone woke. I sat at the table to eat more tho.

Mom was giving me a small smile, the same with Harpers mom. "What am I missing?"

"Oh nothing.. I was just.. coming to check on you last night." I blinked at her. "And?"

"And you were on top of him-"

"What?" Dad spoke up, slamming his drink down. "It's not what it sounds like!"

"Well-"

"Mom! I'm not talking about this."

"I've had a change of heart." I look her over knowing exactly what she meant. She hated the idea of me gushing over Stefano. What changed all of a sudden?

I look at Harper taking a seat beside Xavier. He gives her a side eyes before returning back to his plate. "Aren't you dating that boy?"

"Don't be stupid Sebastian of course not, our daughter is a liar." Stefano takes a seat at the end of the table making me mentally face palm.

"But he said he-"

"OKAY!" I stand slamming my hands on the table. "We are not going to talk about my personal life seeing as it's over now! So can we just forget everything that has been said between now- then.. NOW."

"Don't be ridiculous Carmen he was simply asking." I put my hands on my head feeling a breakdown coming.

"She's about to throw the table." Jax speaks up shocking me. "And you! Why the fuck won't you talk to me?"

He looks taken back. "You moved on with your life so am I." He stands up almost towering me.

It's the Jones genes. "Yes you see where that lead me don't you?"

"As much as I love a good show and food let's not fight!" Harpers mom interrupts us making me feel bad.

"I'm sorry-" I turn to her, speaking honestly.

"No she's not. Stop lying."

"Why would I lie-"

"You're a manipulative bitch."

"Jax Jones!" Mom screams at him. My mouth hangs open shocked at his words. Their words go past my head while I stand in shock.

"She got herself thrown back here just to be with him! Why can't you just leave!"

"I suggest you leave this room and return with respect." Everything is a dead pause the moment Stefano opens his mouth.