Recklessness

Hiccup

"ASTRID WATCH OUT!" I stretched my arm out, reaching towards her.

"Hiccupppppppppp!"

I quickly gave snotlout the deadliest glare I could. "Not my fault." He shrugged, flicking away a speck of flame from Hookfang's enourmous horns.

"It is. Snotlout, you have problems!"
I made a steep dive as I raced after Astrid, not caring if the others were following behind me.

Time-

Slows-

D o w n-

Her body slams into the water.

I don't care.

I jump in after her and reached out my hand, grabbing her upper arm and hauling her out of the freezing water. Toothless let out a loud grunt as we emerged from the depths. We Slopped onto the shore, dripping with water. The gang had landed some distance away, as they dismounted their dragons and came running.

I groaned and sat up, my attention returning to Astrid immediately, who wasn't responding at all.

Not my voice, not even my touch could jolt her awake. So I kept calling her name, not sure of what else to do. "Astrid! Astrid?"

Oh my gods...I think Snoutlout just killed my girlfriend. Her eyes suddenly burst open as she sputtered for air, sprawling on the warm sand of the beach, looking dazed.

I let out a sigh of relief as I caged her in my arms, rocking her back and forth slowly as she continued to cough out water.

"Thanks Hic."  She groaned.

"Your welcome." I smiled.

I pulled away, but she frowned and growled at Snotlout. "You.....MUTTONHEAD!" She screams, standing on her two feet.

"Astrid, as chief, I order you to neutralise him." I laughed.

"With pleasure" she grinnned as she yielded her axe tightly, charging at my cousin ferociously.

She took it seriously.