Meant to be (2)

Hayden

I went all the way to the back of the cafe, knowing that Athena would be there, probably studying.

"Hey." I said, settling down into the seat opposite hers.

"Hi hi." She smiled.

She had math, sprawled all over the table. By just looking at it, I was getting a migraine.

"Math?" I pouted.

"Yeah I need the practice." She sighed.

She looked good today. A cool black jacket with a 'V' cut white top and black shorts with black tights. Her Blonde hair was pulled to the side, but she kept pushing away stray hair that ended up infront of her eyes.

Sexy.

I took out my history stuff, and we worked in silence for the next 2 hours.

"Athena..." I suddenly blurt out.

"Hm yeah?" She dropped her pen.

"Do you like...my friends? The gang?" I asked, curiously.

"They look cool and nice..." she faltered.

"Look, they may look cool, but they are assholes. " I roll my eyes.

She giggled.

"You wanna wrap this up and take a walk in the park?" I suggested. I really wanted to ask her the question. The park was the perfect place.

"Sure!" She said excitedly, packing up everything.

(Later)

We kept our pace slow, as we strolled along. The sun had set a long time ago, and the crickets were chirping loudly.

"...So my mom just dumped all the dishes in the sink and well...thats the end of that." I finished off my funny story.

"Hey that one was actually funny." She teased, nudging my side.

"Excuse me?" I gasped.

"I'm one of the most funniest people I ever knew!" I argue, laughing inbetween some of the words.

We couldn't stop giggling until we reached the lake, which glistened under the moonlight.

"Um...Athena..." I started nervously, biting my lip.

She faced me. "Yeah?" She tilted her head.

"You're really funny...and adorable."

She raised an eyebrow and let out a short laugh. "And where are you going with this?"

I took in a deep breath before finally confessing to the girl of my dreams.

"You and me. Ever since the first day I laid eyes on you, I knew you were a different,Strong,fierce,independent and beautiful girl. You light up my darkest days, whenever me meet up at the end of each one. You...give me something to look forward to and i've never felt anything like it before. You...are one spectacular girl. I don't care if they call you a nerd. I don't care, if they say you don't belong. I would leave everything behind for you."

Athena stared intently into my eyes. She gently took my hands into hers as she took in a breath.

"Me to." She confessed.

I felt like the heaviest weight had been lifted off of my shoulders.
"Well then...Athena Hills, will you do me the honours of being my one and only? My night and day? My partner in crime? My lawyer? My girlfriend?" I smiled.

"Yes!" She screamed, jumping into my arms and hugged me tightly.

I gently let her down and pushed away her stray hair as I looked into her eyes.

"Lets go home." I whispered.

It was the start of the weekend. Monday was the first obstacle to overcome in our relationship.