Flora Flora!

Affinity

What a beautiful day! The sun was shining and blue birds were chirping.

Not.

It was ever so joyful until I realised it was a freaking Monday. I groaned, got out of bed and proceeded down the stairs to find Hunter sipping on his coffee and reading the morning paper.

"Hey." I say as I pecked him on the cheek. "Morning, beautiful."

I walked over to the fridge to prepare my breakfast when a random idea popped into my head.

"How about dinner at Fred's Cafe tonight? Sounds good huh?" I was hoping for a yes.

I haven't been spending much time with him lately. I still loved him as much but I felt like our working lives was building a wall between us.

"I can't. Sorry Effie." He replied, without a look of remorse.

I couldn't help but feel disappointed.
I sighed heavily and walk up the stairs to get ready for work.

Hunter

She lets out a heavy sigh and climbs the stairs to our room. I felt a huge sense of guilt but I knew that tonight was totally worth something more than a cheap dinner at 'Fred's cafe'.

I had other plans for my partner.

Affinity

"Affinity! How many times must I tell you? This Document is very important. I need you to run up to programmes to get this done!"

"Yes Mr Blakely." I said wearily.

I was exhausted as I got into the lift and collaped agaisnt the side, sitting on the bar handle as I Arrived on the 8th floor. Work was driving me nuts! The heat and pressure was very much demanding and I really needed a break.

I glanced at a clock in the programmes office. Two hours of this hell to go and it didn't help that I had gotten rejected by Hunter in the morning.

Feeling down and restless, i continued working.

Two hours later

"Bye." I said, super relieved I was leaving my office.

I got into my car and drove home in a rush, eager to get back as soon as I could to have relaxing evening with Hunter before tomorrow came.
I arrived on the doorstep after parking my car in our garage, but I sensed something was off...

I push the door open slowly and let out a loud gasp dropping my keys onto the floor.Infront of me, my living room was filled with red roses and it's scent.

"Surprise M'lady." Hunter grinned widley, caging me in a hug.

I put my hands on my face and start to have tears streaming down.

I don't why.

Hunter embraced me as I tried to control my feelings.

"Why are you crying?" He laughed a little.

"This is beautiful Hunter...thank you!

I hugged him tighter as he kissed me.

"This is all for you."

"This is so thoughtful of you Hunt!"

"All for you M'lady. I love you."

"So thats why you rejected my dinner date!" I laugh.