Meant to be (3)

Hayden

We walked hand in hand down the hallway. I wasn't embarrassed at all.
Athena smiled at every student, just as always.

I tightened my grip on her hand as I spotted the gang down the hall. She stopped me in my tracks, I didn't notice how stressed I was.

"Hey...relax..." she cooed, placing a reasuring hand on my shoulder.
We continued walking, finally stopping infront of them.

Snotlout was the first to speak up.
"Oh look here. Hayden decided to date the ugliest girl in school." He smirked.

I heard Athena's breathing hitch, but I couldn't stay calm. "It's not your choice who I date...it never was and never will be." I defended myself.

Ruffnut appeared from behind as Snotlout encircled an arm around her waist.  "At least my girl here knows how to do things." He winked at Ruffnut.

That was when the unexpected happened. Athena spoke up to Ruffnut.

"So you're not a virgin? You know... I heard at Justin's party a few weeks ago... Ruff? Didn't you lose your virginity to a guy called Damion? Yes? Boy...and you and Snotlout where still together. Well Snoutlout, now you know where she got the experience."

"Ohhh..."

"Yikes..."

"Woops..."

Could be heard down the hallway as passing students strolled along. I looked down at Athena, only to find her smiling and crossing her arms across her chest.

The look on Ruffnut's face was umimaginable and Snotlout was seething.

Oh my god. Thena was ruthless!

Thats my girl!

"Lets go Hayden!" She giggled, dragging me away because I was still in shock. "Athena...how did you know?" I asked, in awe.

She shrugged. "There's always the right time to use a secret."

"Oh my god I love you." I laughed.

I picked her up in the middle of the hallway and gave her a long and sweet first kiss.

"I love you too." She whispered.