Good News

During a dragon rescue mission

Astrid's pov

Oh Thor.

The wild Snaptrapper had me cornered.

I felt my back press against the rock wall behind me and I snapped my head around to find one of its four heads bending down closer to me.

I was unarmed this time; The Snapper did a pretty good job at luring me away from the group.

Smart dragon, but I was smarter.

With my helmet visor down, my vision was limited, but it was for my own protection as I scanned my surroundings for any object to use against the large dragon hissing infront of me as it stalked toward me.

I felt my heart rate pick up as the distance between us became smaller and smaller...oh no...

I couldn't hurt it. For Thor's sake we were supposed to rescue the dragons!

I pressed my palms onto the wall and leaned back as far as I could as all four heads screeched infront of my face.

I yelled and brought my arm up to shield my face; awaiting the immenent attack.

It never came.

I opened my eyes a little and lowered my arm to find that the snaptrapper had halted in it's tracks...and all four heads were sniffing me?

I panted widly and I felt my legs weaken at the scare. One of the four heads nuzzled my neck gently and snapped at the other three. The dragon backed down away from me.

I watched in confusion but snapped my head up at the arrival of the rest of the team.

"He almost ATE me!" I yelled.

When the Snaptrapper realised the presence of the team, it screeched loudly and set up a defensive stance infront of me.

"What is happening?" Hiccup questioned, circling the area in the air with the others.

"I have no idea but I think it's protecting me!" I replied, edging further away from the wall. "Even though he looked set on biting my arm off earlier." I breathed in.

"I think I know why!" Valka called, setting Cloudjumper on the ground and everyone followed after her.

Hookfang snapped at the trapper and earned him a nick at the neck. Snotlout growled as he tried to rear his Monstrous Nightmare back.

"Don't aggrivate it!" I cried.

"Back away, all of you." Valka ordered.

"But-" Hiccup tried but he was only silence by his mother.

The Trapper's heads looked at me and cooed softly. I cocked my head in confusion before I widened my eyes at Valka who had walked up to them.

"Woah Valka! Stay back!" I warned; as the dragon hissed at her.

She ignored my pleas and slammed her staff onto the ground, producing sounds that caused the Snaptrapper to enter a dozy state as it slumped to the ground.

"Oh." I gasped as she walked around the huge dragon and approached me, along with a grateful Hiccup.

"Thank you."  I smiled.

Valka grinned. "I've only seen this happen once."

"What do you mean?" Hiccup asked, landing a quick kiss on my cheek as he rested an arm around my waist protectively.

"When I was pregnant with you; son." She gestured.

"What are you saying?" I frowned.

Valka rolled her eyes playfully before resting a hand on her hip.

"Snaptrappers have acute hearing. It heard the beating of two hearts that day and retreated from its attack. Dragons aren't all that blood thirsty."

I cocked an eyebrow.

"What i'm saying is that well...you might be pregnant Astrid!" Valka exclaimed happily.

"Astrid? Pregnant?" Tuffnut echoed in alarm.

"No way." I gasped as I looked at Hiccup.

"Oh my gods." He gasped as well.

"Thats good news!" Heather grinned, jumping up in excitement.

"Well theres only one way to be sure. Lets clean up here and pay a little visit to Gothi shall we?" Valka ordered before walking away.

I looked up at Hiccup, curious with his reaction.

Without a word, he placed a gentle kiss on my lips and rested his head on my shoulder.

"Finally."

Hello everyone! I've been absent for awhile cause of school. Ugh kill me! Anyways expect updates to dwindle because I have very important exams in October and cant think of scenarios! It would be great if you could tell me what you would like to read! ☁️❤