Bad

Modern Au

(This is lighthearted)

Hiccup's pov

She was not making this easy.

Jumping fences, landing on grass and sliding over the hoods of cars; this girl could run and she could run fast.

My partner heaved with effort as he kept up with my pace, weaving through crowds and winding alleyways.

He lags behind, hands on his knees and bent over. "Keep going!"

A quick glance over my shoulder to make sure he was good, before I refocused my attention on the runaway.

I didn't stop chasing her, even when she did some mind blowing parkour; until she got trapped in a dead end.

I come to a halt, pulling out my gun in a defensive stance. "Freeze!"

The woman has her hands in fists against the wall, her blonde hair hides her face as she turns around slowly.

"I said don't move a muscle." I growl, taking a step closer, levelling my gun.

She lifts up her head and I spot those unmistakable blue eyes. She bites her lip, as if nervous to what my reaction would be.

My reaction? I was 'shook' to say the least.

"Hofferson!?" I exclaimed, lowering my weapon.

"Hi." She says, somewhat embarrassed.

...it was silence for about a minute before I broke it.

"I never imagined a police academy dropout would morph into a criminal." I accused, my eyes narrowing.

"Oh please. You don't have a clue why I left." She snarled.
Her reserved demeanor now gone as she placed her hands on her hips.

"Yeah? Why then." I cocked an eyebrow.

"Because- because i...i" She stammered, pushing her hair back in exasperation.

Being enemies in police academy was not delightful. The constant competition between Astrid and I was stressful to say the least.

"Just admit. You know i'm better than you." She sneered, her confident poker face back on.

"Oh yeah that's why im standing right here and you're not." I scoff.

"Listen Haddock. Son of the mayor. That spot was yours before you were born. Some people actually had to earn it." She spat, crossing her arms against her chest.

I laughed, keeping my gun and instead fishing out the handcuffs. I approached her, and forced her to turn around; pressing her into the grimy wall as I pulled her arms together behind her back to cuff her wrists.

I spot a tattoo of a blue dragon with yellow spines on her hand when her sleeves rode up. Was she in a gang now?

I fiddled with her cuffs for an uncessary amount of time, so that she could answer my question. "You joined a gang?"

She chuckled. "I wouldn't exactly call ourselves a gang. More like a group of people pulling stunts that may or may not be illegal."

"So that single year in the academy thought you nothing about the law?" I retort, unimpressed.

Before locking the cuffs in place, I heard her say: "I couldn't afford the semester fees okay; and they're good kids."

"So what? You decided a life of crime was infinitely better than practicing something else?" I reasoned, yanking her off the wall as we walked back the way we came.

"I'll serve a couple weeks Haddock. But when im out, I don't mind showing you the reigns." She offered.

Our footsteps against the stone slows as my jaw drops. "What kind of stupid do you think I am?"

She smirks. "All kinds. You forgot to check my pockets."

Maybe it was her sassy-ness that attracted me to her in the first place, on our first day of meeting. I'll never admit it to anyone.

It's my best kept secret.

Hellooo!!!

Quick trivia.

What crime did Astrid commit?

A)  Murder
B)  Identity theft
C)  Money theft
D)  Car jacking

Those who choose the right option earn a shoutout on my next oneshot!