Witness pain

Somewhere after httyd2

Trigger warning? It may be violent.

#protectivehiccup

Hiccup's POV

I shifted my good leg to a more comfortable position and arched my back slightly to release some pent up tension.

The chains weighed heavily on my wrists and ankles, securing me to the hardwood floor of whatever ship we were on.

We. Astrid sat beside me witha defeated look on her face, she too, was chained.

I sighed and whispered. "Hey."

"We should have circled the area with more dragon riders by our side." She snapped.

"Even if we did, these pirates still would have managed to overpower us. Did you see their crew? It's really big." I reasoned.

I placed my hand on her knee as the chains clanked loudly. I squeezed it as she leaned her head into my shoulder. I kissed her temple softly as I tried to ease her mind.

"Don't worry too much. It's Hiccup and Astrid facing up against all odds. We are going to make it out of here."

"Not without a cost." A new voice growled from the entrance of the small cell.

I frowned as the large pirate walked right up to us and bent low. "Berkians. Goodie little people on that rock. Good for nothin."

"How did you know we were from Berk?" I questioned.

"I have my sources. Now i'll be the one asking questions here." He stood up and started to pace around.

"It's my pleasure to have the Hiccup and Astrid on board." He smirked.

Oh Thor he knows our names...

"Now. Tell me. How much do you think your NightFury and Nadder are worth?"

"I don't care!" Astrid growled loudly.

"10 000 shillings. That's a lot of money."

"Let us go!" She demanded; going against her restraints as she got up and tried to charge at the guy. She managed to get centimeters away from his face.

"Sit back down or you will regret it." He warned in a low voice.

"Let us go; or you will regret it." She threatened.

"Astrid..." I whispered worriedly.

The guy saw my expression and looked back at Astrid and suddenly had knowing look plastered all over his face.

In a quick action, he secured Astrid's right leg with his own by pressing her back tightly into his chest, while using his free hand to choke her.

"STOP!" I roared, getting up on two feet.

Astrid struggled to breathe as she started to whimper in his deadly grasp.

"I'll tell you everything...just please...don't!" I begged.

"You lost your chance!" He yelled. "Hold him down. Make him watch!" He barked orders at his two men.

"No!" I resisted, but they still managed to bring me down to my knees. One of them grabbed my chin and forced me to look at Astrid being held captive in his arms.

The guy stopped choking her but used his strength to throw her roughly against the wall. I watched as he approached her slowly, just as she started to get up on her two feet only to be punched in the stomach to bring her back down.