No Time, No time at all

SOME TIME AFTER HTTYD2

ASTRID'S POV

I lift my axe onto my shoulder and strolled towards Snotlout's hut where the gang was meeting.

My eyes were casted downward as I approached his hut slowly. I wondered if Hiccup would join us but I can't get my hopes lifted up.

Ever since he had been announced as chief, hes been focused on his tasks and has hardly any time to spend with us anymore.

I totally understand and i'm not mad at him. I just miss him and hope to at least have dinner with him and the gang tonight.

As I strolled past the Great Hall's steps, I spotted Hiccup and Toothless at the top speaking to a few vikings.

I quickly glanced infront of me, avoiding his gaze as his eyes landed on me.

I suddenly felt afraid. I was upset, but I didn't want him to know about it. We hadn't spoken at all this week and I didn't want to burden him with it.

"Astrid wait up!" I heard him call, as Toothless and him bounded down the steps.

I stopped in my tracks and inhaled deeply before turning around and plastering a fake smile.

Hiccup stopped himself before he could fall over me, grabbing my arm and laughing.

"Hiccup, careful!" I laughed, steadying him.

He shook his head and smiled. "I haven't seen you all week."

I shrugged. "Yeah, you're busy babe. It's fine." I smiled sadly.

He placed a hand on my cheek.
"Its not fine; I can tell."

I sighed. "You can't help it."

"Where are you heading off to M'lady?" He interlocked his arm with mine, as we walked, with Toothless following closely behind.

"Snotlout's. Gang meeting."

"Oh." Hiccup frowned, I noticed disappointment flash in his eyes.

"Talk to me." I nudged him gently.

"Chiefing has its cons, and it pretty much takes up all of my time, I wish I could come with you..."

We stopped walking as we arrived outside of Snotlout's hut. "I'm truly sorry."

"Don't be sorry Hiccup." Was all I could say.

Hiccup pulled me in for a tight embrace as he buried his head into the side of my neck. I hugged him back tightly, missing this sensation of his care and love.

He pulled away first and gave me a sweet kiss on the lips. The distance between us never grew as I whispered to him.

"I promise that we will find the time. How or when, I have no idea, but it's going to happen." I kiss him again.

I pulled away and let my fingers run through his hair.
"Damn I missed you." I admitted.

"Don't worry baby, I won't allow us to drift apart." He promised as well.