Chapter 68 (The Grimoire, The Sword and The Meaning of Red)

Isabella who watched the entire scene with her lips parted in surprise, frowned, So it's this sword. I remember now...

She can remember how she used this sword help to seal away Patri's spell. She can also remember the grimoire's emitting power.

She remembers the being residing within the grimoire as well.

Its dark murky red color and patterns that matched his host's...

Flashback

Isabella reached her room, opened the door, and closed it behind her, locking the door.

She placed the grimoire on the table and walked towards the window, closing it and shutting the curtains entirely. She closed all the lights, except for her writing table's light. She stared at the grimoire. Its red haunting color emits an ominous aura along with the five-leaf clover on it.

She hovered her left hand above it and hovered her right hand on the empty side of the table next to the grimoire. Her hands began to glow golden and white bright light, highlighting the grimoire as well.

Nighttime arrived soon and Isabella was still in the same posture as before. Her hand kept on glowing, with the grimoire still being highlighted. The empty place however had a transparent silhouette of an object that almost looked like a grimoire.

Even though it seemed like she was concentrating on removing the evil from the grimoire, deep in her mind, she was standing in an abyss. In front of her stood a gigantic figure with their silhouette glowing murky red. Their curvy patterns of his silhouette are perfectly attached to each area of their body. Their entire form looked exactly like Asta's which was perplexing and astonishing at the same time. What was this being doing in this grimoire?

"WHO DARES DISTURB M- oh... so someone finally found me?" The being spoke, "But then again, the moment I saw you, I knew you would catch me soon."

"Who are you?" Isabella spoke her first words to the being.

"Well, what do you think I look like?" The blind girl can feel the irritation in the being's voice, "Anyone can figure out just by looking at me."

"The blood-red color in you says clearly that you are a creature from the underworld." The blind girl spoke in a monotone voice, "You're a devil."

"Yeah, I'm a devil alright..." The devil said sarcastically, "And yes, I know you're blind. You spend an awful amount of time with my human host."

"Well glad to know that you eavesdrop on other's conversation."

"Well, if you didn't want anyone to hear you, you might as well not say a word.

Despite the devil's rude and snappy behavior, Isabella can tell that there is something different about this particular fellow. Demons and devils are known to be creatures of causing pain, suffering, and manipulation. But this one was just... uncaring and perhaps... cross. Like... he was angry and yet upset, almost sounding betrayed.

But, she can also feel some sort of burning passion for vengeance within him.

But for what?

She shook her head, this was not the time to be distracted. She needs to get all the answers from it, "what do you want? Why are you after Asta?"

"You mean my human host?" The devil leaned forward, "It's simple. I want his body."

"That's called sexual assault."

"Haha very funny."

Isabella frowned in disapproval, she was going nowhere. She continued to stare at him, registering his emotions through his patterns. There was something else other than vengeance he felt.