Chapter 69 (No Human Left That He Cannot Kill)

Patri opens his eyes, finding himself back inside the skeleton skull of the demon in Hage village. He can see the night sky lighting up with stars. And right afar, he can see the capital. He holds onto William's grimoire as he looks at the decaying bodies of Sally, Rades, and Valtos right in front of him, after he brutally betrayed him with his real intentions to use them. To him, they were filthy swine who were sacrifices for his friends that he could reincarnate.

He reflects on the words William spoke to him as he was in a deep slumber, I soon learned that you had a mission you wanted to complete at any cost. And for that, I would have to betray the other person closest to me, as well as the kingdom I called home. I was forced to choose between you, the one with whom I shared everything as though we were twins. And the admirable leader of the magic knights. The man who taught me how to live my life. I was given an impossible difficult decision to make. But the longer I debated the more my comrades were hurt. In the end, I failed to commit either way. And I let both of you to choose the outcome. I'm a monster. You got what you wanted. I'm sorry Julius. Patri, you won.

He can still remember a tear slipping down William's right cheek, and now since you finally achieved your ambitions, this is where we part ways. But before I do go, I want to add something. Every choice I made after your awakening, they were all yours. But one of them wasn't... and that was Isabella. I found solace with Isabella. And you might not know it, but even you found peace through her. Do whatever you must. But do not hurt my daughter, even if she refuses to be legally adopted by me. So goodbye Patri... and maybe...

Patri sighs, I must have expanded for too long... was I asleep? How long? He places a hand on his heart, my own reincarnation has been completed at last. Which means William has fallen into an endless slumber. He turns to the stone tablet and bends down, placing William's grimoire against the stone tablet, thank you for the only human I can call my friend. William, goodbye.

He stands up, At this point I no longer have any human I cannot kill. He turns only to stop to see a certain blind girl walking towards him, standing a good distance away from her. A sorrowful look on her face.

"I see you're here..."

Patri was surprised to see Isabella here of all places, "What are you doing here?"

Isabella looks down to notice the decayed rotten bodies of sally, Rades and Valtos, "they followed you till the end. And in the end, you stabbed them all at the back like it was nothing."

Patri simply frowned, "Those swine deserved it. Just like any human of this world does." He then crossed his arms together, what are you doing here anyway? Shouldn't you be with your friends saving the clover kingdom?" He then notices her ears, "Wait, your ears..."

"Hmm?" She touches her ears, realizing that they are still pointy, "Oh sorry about that." She quickly began to remove the pointed ears which were back to her normal human ears. Patri notes how carefully she removes them, "I just met Rhya on the way and messed with him a little. I may not be able to see his face but judging by his patterns of his silhouette it was worth it." The blind girl gave a small chuckle as she keeps the ears inside her pocket. She then turn her attention to Patri, "And as for my friends, they're fine without me. I just came here to have one last chat with you before we face each other in a battle."

"You think you can defeat me?"

"I never said I would battle you. If circumstances comes that way, then we might as well have to battle each other." Her smile turns to a sad look, "But really, I just want to talk."

Patri sighs in defeat. There was no way to back down from this girl when it comes to words. Even William finds it hard to back down from her, "Alright, what do you wanna talk about."