Chapter 25(The Diamond Mage)

The ice mage walked towards the Golden Dawn members with a cold look. He stopped near them, giving an icy glare.

Isabella can see the mage through her ominous vision. His white patterns consisted of diamonds around his body. She blind girl can tell that they were suppose to shine and sparkle like a diamond. But they were all dull gloom. It made her wonder why they were like that.

Klaus then noticed the symbol on the mages cloak, Is he a mage from the Diamond Kingdom?

"You there!" The mage glared at them. Klaus pointed to him threateningly, "Attack from behind? What kind of a warrior would do such a thing?"

"I don't understand what you are asking..." the Diamond Kingdom mage said monotonously.

Klaus gritted his teeth, "Who are you?"

"You are merely pebbles to fall on the wave side." He used his Grimoire sending out more icicles at Mimosa and Isabella direction.

Klaus quickly used his Grimoire making a steel made wall in front of the girls blocking the ice reaching them.

Mimosa made a sigh of relieve, "Thank you, Sir!"

Klaus straightened his glasses, "Keep yourself protected Mimosa. You are our healer."

"Yes, Sir. I won't let myself be at any harm!"

Klaus smiled nodding. He straightened glasses again, "Go Yuno! Back me up!"

"Right!" Yuno affirmed.

"When we are done with this barbarian he will know the power of the Clover Kingdom's Golden Dawn!"

The mage throws out more ice blocks at Yuno, Isabella and Klaus who blocked it with their attacks. Mimosa used her offensive plant magic attack on ice to protect her other mages.

There is so much power. Klaus thought, He's not using his Grimoire. No sign of his magic power decreasing either. Klaus gritted his teeth, If this keeps up...

"Right, Yuno. Isabella. Mimosa and I'll stay here and hold him off." Klaus declared, making Mimosa look at them, "You two go on ahead to the treasure hall."

"He's extremely strong!" Yuno countered, "Are you sure you can handle him with just Mimosa?"

"STOP QUESTIONING ME AND DO AS I SAY!" Klaus shouted, "WE'RE OUT OF OPTIONS! I DON'T LIKE THIS LEAVING THE TASK AT THE HANDS OF A COMMONER. BUT FOR THE GOOD OF OUR KINGDOM, WE MUST COMPLETE OUR MISSION!"

Suddenly he felt a strong force on his cheek as his face was gone to other side. Yuno and Mimosa were shocked as there mouths were gaping. Klaus straightened to see Isabella at his left staring at him with dead eyes.

Klaus was at loss of words. The young blind mage actually just slapped him.

"Sacrificing your life for the Kingdom is an honourable thing." Isabella spoke, "But dying in vain..." Her frown deepened "Is a deplorable thing to the Clover Kingdom..."

Klaus looks in shock. Ice blocks began to come in there way.

"LOOK OUT!" Mimosa screamed.

Isabella slashed the air with her hand, making a golden slash appear on the ice, "you are a Magic Knight." Isabella spoke to Klaus, "You serve your Kingdom by staying alive and do what you must to protect. Be it a noble or commoner, we are one and only at the same time."

"Isabella, you are wasting time-"

"Let's waste it as much as possible. But I'm not going to let you die in vain."