Chapter 7

Caithlyn woke up really early the next morning, so she stayed in bed for a few minutes, just enjoying the view, before she got up and got ready for a run.

After finding her headphones in one of her suitcases, she studied the park map and found a short track.

As she picked up her phone in tje bedroom, she saw another text from Owen.

"Are you up for breakfast later?"

- " Sure. I'm just going for a run. About 8?" She texted back to him.

"I'll pick you up at 8. See ya."

Caithlyn smiled to herself and hurried out the door.

About an hour later she returned, with just enough time to get a shower and get ready for breakfast and work.
She felt so refreshed after a run around the woods sorrounding the staff living quarters.

Caithlyn took a quick shower and blow-dried her hair and put on some mascara, before she braided her long hair and jumped into a pair of denim shorts and a polo T-shirt with the Jurassic World logo on.
She felt so ready for work.

Suddenly she heard a knock on her door.

"It's open!" She yelled from the bathroom before she grabbed a few bobby pins and walked out to the living room, where she almost bumped into Owen's chest.

"Hey." She chuckled with a bobby pin in her mouth, as she got the last few strands of hair in place.

"Hey. Are you ready?" Owen asked smiling.

"Almost." She said as she stormed off to find her boots for work.

She noticed Owen looking around the living room, as she laced my boots.

"It's nice." He stated.

"Yeah. But I can't wait to give it my own personal touch." Caithlyn admitted.
Owen nodded in understanding, slowly walking towards her.

"Let's go." She said smiling widely before she grabbed her keys.

She felt her heart race as Owen walked passed her and their eyes met briefly.

She had to get herself together and keep her distance. They were co-workers, and she hardly knew him and he was the type of guy, every girl would swoon over. He was always flashing a flirtatious smile, so he was probably well aware of that.
Caithlyn didn't want to get hurt again, so she had to keep her feelings out of it.

They got some breakfast and talked about work. Owen told her about his training with the raptors and they agreed that she should just watch Owen train them, the first time at least.

After breakfast Caithlyn went straight to the hatchery to check on the eggs.
It was hard to believe that those small eggs would become huge dinosaurs, that she had to train.

She got a status from one of the scientist. Everything was fine and they weren't going to hatch yet so she went back to her apartment building and went straight to the garage to get her car. She had to hurry, because she was running late to meet with Owen, to train with the raptors.