Chapter 73

I couldn't help but chuckle from his comment, before he kissed me.

We finally got transported to the nearest airport.
I slept through for the most of the drive, leaning against Owen.

I don't think he got much sleep, but I don't think he cared. He only cared about me and the baby.

As soon as we reached the airport, we went and bought some new clothes.

Owen got himself a pair of jeans and a white v neck shirt. I have to say, he was fine looking, even though we spend a whole day chased by a dinosaurs.
I was a really one lucky girl.

W

e went through the list of flights.

"Where are we going?" I sighed.

"Let's go to Madison first, spend the holidays there and then we'll figure out, where we want to live, okay?" Owen suggested making a quick decision.

I nodded in agreement, rubbing my temples. I felt exhausted and sad about the fact that we wouldn't return to the island.

Luckily we were able to get tickets, even on the same flight as the boys and their parents.

We sat down and waited. "What about our things?" I sighed.

Owen smiled weakly before he pulled me closer to him. "Don't worry. We'll buy new stuff." He answered.

Barry walked up to us. "It's almost boarding time." He said in his thick accent.

Both Owen and I got up and hugged him. It was really emotional, saying goodbye to him. The thought about saying goodbye to my best friend, hadn't even crossed my mind.

"Where are you going?" I asked as I slowly pulled away.

"Buckingham, Florida. I got family there." He answered.

I looked over at Owen and smiled. I knew where I wanted to go after we spent the holidays in Madison.

"I'm gonna miss you." I said smiling weakly, with tears welling up in my eyes.

"I'll come visit you often, when you're settled down somewhere." Barry said reassuringly.

"You better." I said teasingly before I hugged him goodbye.

I had to fight hard against the tears as Owen said goodbye to Barry and as I watched him walk away.

Our lifes just turned upside down.