Chapter 67

We finally got back to mainland and was now only waiting for transportation. The place was stacked with people.

Owen gently cupped my face still looking me in the eyes.
We didn't have the chance to talk, until now.

"That was brave. Stupid and dangereous, but brave." He said with a serious look on his face.

I nodded slowly as the tears streamed quietly down my face.

"I was so scared, that you or the kids would get hurt, or maybe worse. I had to do something." I said through my tears.

Owen gently wiped a tear away with his thumb, before he pulled me in for a deep kiss. I almost had to gasp for air, as he pulled away.
"Maybe I should have a T-Rex on my heels, more often." I chuckled.

"No, please. Don't ever do something like that again." Owen said smiling at me, before he pulled me in for a hug.

We walked back to the others, who were talking quietly.

Barry looked surprised at me, as we walked closer.

"The boys just told me, that you went to paddock 9 and brought the T-Rex into the park. That's crazy." Barry said in disbelief.

"Yeah." I said looking down, smiling.

"That's my girl." Owen said proudly before he wrapped his arms around me from behind and kissed my cheek.

"Come on. Sit down." Owen said before he pushed me towards a seat.

Barry passed a blanket to Owen, which he wrapped around my body, before he kneeled in front of me.

"I'm going to help here." Owen said looking into the crowd.

"I want to help too." I said trying to unwrap myself from the blanket, but I was stopped by Owen. "You need to rest." Owen protested.

Owen slowly got back on his feet, before he placed a soft kiss on my forehead and walked off with Barry.

There was a lot of hurt and scared people.

I was facing towards the boys. They looked tired, but they were probably still too shocked to sleep.

"How old are you guys?" I asked the boys, trying to ease their minds a bit.

"I just turned 16." Zach answered. I nodded before I looked over at Gray. "I'm 11." He answered.

"Where do you live?" I asked again, trying to keep the conversation going.

"Madison." Gray answered.

"You live there with your parents?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah." Zach answered, sharing a look with Gray. Something was wrong, but now wasn't the time to ask further questions about that.

We talked for a while and the boys started to relax a bit more.

"Caithlyn, are you okay? You look so pale." Gray asked concerned, making Zach turn his eyes at me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said smiling reassuringly, before I reached for his hand.

I wasn't feeling good, but I didn't want them to worry about me, they had been trough so much already.

I looked around the building and saw all the hurt people.
"I'm going to help. you stay here." I said as I let go of Grays hand and got up.

"But Owen said.." Gray started.

"Owen, just worries. I'll be fine." I said smiling reassuringly.