Chapter 71

The others left me alone for a minute, so I could clean myself up and change. I looked like a mess and I was so tired.

Owen looked out from behind the curtain.
He smiled softly at me, before he walked closer.

"How are the boys?" I asked as I noticed him.

"Tired." Owen said before he pulled me closer to him.

"Are you feeling better?" Owen asked, gently pushing a strand of hair out of my face. I nodded in response before I placed a soft kiss on his lips. I walked passed him and sat down on the edge of the bed.

"You really care about these boys." Owen said smiling. I chuckled.

"Yeah." I said softly, almost whispering.

"I think there's something wrong between their parents, and I just feel sorry for them." I said looking down at the ground.

Owen didn't say anything at first, he just walked closer and carefully pulled me in for a hug.

"They are the bravest kids, I ever met. They'll get through it." He said softly.

"But they shouldn't have to go through something like that." I sighed.

"I know." Owen sighed too.

I slowly pulled a bit away from him and looked up to find his eyes.

"Promise me, we'll always stick together." I said with tears starting to well up in my eyes.

"Hey, I won't leave you. I promise." Owen said gently cupping my face.

I slowly nodded and pulled a bit away from him, before I placed a protective hand on my belly.

"I don't ever want her, to feel alone." I said, looking down at the hand on my belly.

"Her?" Owen said in surprise, making me chuckle.

"Just a feeling." I said smiling, before Owen crashed his lips onto mine in a long deep kiss.

"I love you." He said with a serious look on his face, as he pulled away and looked me deep into the eyes.

"I love you too, Owen."

We just stood like that for a moment.

"Let's go to the others." I suggested before I unwrapped myself from his arms. Owen nodded and reached for my hand, before we walked out to find the others.

Claire was sitting with the boys and Barry helped taking care of the people. Gray was laying down, with his head on Claire's lap. She looked tired and shocked.

Owen and I slowly sat down beside them. Gray immediately sat up. "You look better now." He said smiling a bit.

"I feel a lot better." I said smiling at him, to stop him from worrying.
I slowly opened my arms to pull him in for a hug, which he happily accepted.
Owen had placed himself with a leg on each of the bench, so I could lean back against him.

I carefully held Gray in my arms as I stroke his hair, while Owen supported my body and left small kisses on the side of my head.

Claire turned her eyes at us. "I just heard that they found Simon. It's critical but he lives." She said with shaky voice.

"Thank god." I said relieved.

She looked back down, before she looked to her right.

"Oh, my God, it's your parents. It's your parents." She said, before she and the boys jumped to their feet.

The boys ran into the arms of their parents. Claire looked out of herself, as she watched them, so I quickly got up and placed my hand supportively on her shoulder, until her sister came and pulled her into a hug.

"I'm so sorry." Claire sobbed.
"Are you okay?" Her sister asked. Claire nodded in response before her sister returned to the boys.

"Come on, let's go home." She said, before she started to drag them with her.

"Wait." The boys said almost simultaneously, before they turned towards Owen and I.

Owen and I slowly got up, before the boys hugged us both. Their parents looked questioningly at us.

"They helped Aunt Claire bring us back." Zach explained. Both their parents hugged us thankfully.

"Can we visit you?" Gray asked sweetly.

"Of course, Anytime you want. We just need to find a place to live first." I answered smiling. The last sentence actually hurt.more, than I would have imagined.

"You don't have a place to live?" their mother asked.

"No, until now, we lived on the island." Owen answered.

"But Christmas is coming up." She said looking over at her husband.

"You should come and spend Christmas with us." Karen suggested smiling.