Chapter 31

The next morning Caithlyn woke up by her alarm. She quickly turned it off and turned around in bed, so that she was facing Owen.

Owen laid on his back with his arms under his head. He had a serious look on his face, like he was thinking about something.
"Hey." Caithlyn said softly, feeling a bit insecure after their fight the night before.

"Hey." Owen said smiling, slowly turning to look at her.

She just laid beside him and watched him for a moment.

"Come here." Owen said smiling as he reached out to her, before she carefully snuggled closer to him, placing her head on his chest.

"I'm sorry, that I yelled at you last night." He said as he gently let his fingers trail up and down her arm.

"It's okay. You were just worried about me." She said looking up at him.

"Please don't do anything like that again." Owen said with a serious look on his face.

"I promise." She said, just before he kissed her.

➠ 

A month had passed.

Caithlyn was working with her dinosaurs, preparing the last few things for their first show in a week.

Suddenly she started to feel dizzy and nauseaus, so she went on a break and got herself something to drink, but it just got worse. Maybe it was just the heat or the flu, but she decided to head home to get some rest.

She had promised Owen that she would stop by the raptor paddock, after lunch but she just really wanted to get home as quick as possible, so she quickly texted him.

"I'm not feeling so well, so I'm heading home now, to get some rest. I'll see you tomorrow. Love you."

Her head was hurting and she was so tired so she just went straight to bed as she got home.

She woke up after a couple of hours of sleep, by the sound of her front door unblocking and then open.

"Caithlyn?" Owen asked, almost yelling.

"In the bedroom." She shouted back at him.

Owen carefully peeked through the door.

"Hey. How are you feeling? I was worried about you." He said slowly walking towards the bed. He sat down beside her and gently pushed a strand of hair out of her face.

"Much better, now that you're here." She said smirking, making Owen laugh.

"I brought snacks and a movie, if you want anything." Owen said before he placed a soft kiss on her forehead and walked out of the bedroom, back to the living room.

A couple of minutes he came back with a movie and some cookies for her.

He put on the movie and snuggled into bed, carefully wrapping her in his arms.

"You don't have to babysit me." She said smiling weakly.

"I want to be here with you." He said softly, placing a soft kiss on her forehead, making her smile at him.

"Thank you." She said sleepily, making herself comfortable in his arms.