Chapter 34

"Owen, no!" Barry and Caithlyn yelled at the same time, as Owen ran into the paddock. Her heart was pounding like crazy from worry.

The raptors weren't safe, she just proved that some weeks ago and now they were on a hunt and the love of her life just walked right into their paddock.

The security guards loaded their guns, ready to fire at the raptors, as they slowly walked closer to the intern.

"No, hold your fire!" Owen yelled as he ran into the paddock and stopped right in front of the four raptors.

"Hold your fire. Do not fire. Put 12 amps in these animals, they're never gonna trust me again." He said, commanding.

He stepped in front of the intern, so he could crawl backwards towards the gate.

"You stay here." Barry said sternly to Caithlyn, before he went into the cageand then he took a few steps into the paddock and pulled the young intern out of there.

The four raptors hissed at Owen.

"Blue, stand down. Stand down." Owen said with his commanding voice.

Blue hissed at him again and took a few steps towards him.

"Hey! Hey! What did I just say? Delta, I see you. Back up!" Owen commanded again. The raptors were dangerously close. Caithlyn had to do something.

She sprinted towards the staircase and up the catwalk, almost tripping on the way.

"Hey! Eyes on me!" She yelled, trying to get their attention away from Owen.
Blue and Delta turned their head towards her voice.

"Eyes on me!" She repeated, finally getting the attention of Echo too, though they all kept a close eye on Owen. Charlie the most.

"Close the gate." Caithlyn heard Owen yell.

"Are you crazy?" Barry yelled in disbelief.

"Just trust me." Owen answered.

"Eyes up!" Caithlyn yelled at the raptors, trying to keep their attention, as Barry pushed the button and closed the gate.

As the gate were almost fully closed, Owen quickly turned around and threw himself under the gate. The raptors immediately noticed his movement and went after him. Caithlyn couldn't see from the catwalk, if he made it to the other side of the gate in time.

She stormed down the catwalk and down the stairs, almost bumping into Hoskins on the way.

"You got those animals under control girl. I would love to have you commanding me around, like that." He said smirking.

"Did he make it?" She yelled frantically, totally ignoring what he just said.

"Did he make it out in time?" She yelled in panic at Barry as soon as she saw him walk out of the cage, before she pushed herself past Hoskins.

In the meantime, Owen was talking with the intern.

"You're the new guy, right?" Owen asked the intern.

-"Yeah."

"You ever wonder why there was a job opening?" Owen asked leaving a shocked expression on the poor interns face.

"Don't ever turn your back to the cage." Owen said before he walked out of the cage.

Caithlyn sighed in relief, when she saw Owen step out of the cage. His eyes caught hers almost immediately. She stormed off almost crashing into his chest, as she pulled him close to her, sobbing into his chest.

"Hey, I'm okay. I'm okay." Owen said softly, while he gently stroke her hair, holding her tight in his arms, making her cry even more.

"They could have killed you." She said as she slowly stepped away from him, to look at him.

Owen lifted his hand to her face and wiped a tear of her cheek. "And I'm not ready to live without you, Owen." Caithlyn continued with shaky voice.

"Then I guess it's the right time to ask you this." Owen said, before he took a step back and fell down on one knee.

"Caithlyn, would you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" Owen asked, taking her hand in his. He was clearly nervous, but still determined.

Caithlyn could swear, her heart had stopped beating for a second. He left her in complete shock, she definitely hadn't seen that one coming and she wasn't sure that Owen had planned the proposal to be like this, right next to the raptor paddock, if he even planned anything.

Tears of happiness streamed down her face as she answered.
"Yes! Yes, of course I will marry you." She said laughing happily. Owen quickly got up and cupped her face, pulling her into a kiss. The crowd around them cheered, making them both laugh happily as they pulled apart.

Owen reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box. He slowly opened it and took out a simple and beautiful engagement ring.

He slowly reached for her hand, and carefully slid the ring onto her finger. Happy tears kept streaming down her face as she looked at the ring on her finger, before Owen kissed her again, before the others came to congratulate them.

Barry laughed happily as he pulled them both into a hug. "I'm so happy for you." He said in his thick accent.