Chapter 14

"Hey. Come in." Caithlyn said, smiling softly as she opened the door for Owen.

Owen smiled and walked past her and into the apartment.

"Breakfast is ready in a few minutes." Caithlyn said as she walked off towards the kitchen.

"Take your time." Owen said, smiling before he started to look around the apartment.

"You did a good job with the apartment. It looks good. " Owen said from the living room.

"Thank you. The apartment is great. I just added my own touch." Caithlyn said smirking as Owen walked into the kitchen.

"It's nice." He said smiling.

"Do you need help with anything?" He asked.

"No, I got it."  She answered with a smile.

But he didn't listen and walked up beside her and started to cut tomatoes, making Caithlyn smile thankfully at him.

"It smells good." He said looking over at the food she had already set up.

"I hope it's good. I suddenly realized that I didn't have much food here and I didn't have time to go fetch anything." She admitted, making Owen chuckle.

They placed the last dishes on the table and sat down and started to eat their breakfast, taking excitedly about the raptors and the babies.

"Mmh. That is really good." Owen said after a few bites.

"You sound so surprised. You didn't think I could cook?" Caithlyn said smirking.

"Well, you're pretty young." Owen shrugged.

"Age doesn't matter Mr. Grady." She said teasingly, making Owen chuckle.

"So, how did you end up here?" Owen suddenly asked as they were doing the dishes.

Caithlyn sighed.

"I saw they were hiring new trainers. It was just a great opportunity. I wanted to go away and I love to work with animals." Caithlyn answered smiling weakly.

Owen nodded in understanding, but didn't ask further about it. And she actually appreciated that. She didn't want to talk about, why she wanted to leave home.

"Do you like being here?" He asked as she passed him a plate.

"Yeah. The island is beautiful, I have a great apartment, and it's amazing to work with you and the raptors." She said smiling, making a wide smile spread across Owen's face.

"I'm very happy to hear that." He said still smiling widely.

"Thanks for breakfast." Owen said smiling as they walked to the car, to drive to the raptor area.

"You deserved it. It was the least I could do after you stayed with me yesterday."  Caithlyn smiled.

"Maybe we could do something together later?" Owen suggested as they jumped out of the car by the raptor paddock.

She nodded eagerly and smiled in response, before she went off to prepare the treats and Owen went off to talk with Barry.

They were waiting outside for her, as she finished up.
"Good morning Barry." Caithlyn greeted smiling as she walked up to them.

"Good morning Caithlyn. How are you?" Barry asked.

"I'm good. And you?" She said, smiling briefly over at Owen.

They walked up on the catwalk together and started the training with the raptors.

After a couple of hours Caithlyn decided to head off to see her dinosaurs.

She had been working on a report for about half an hour, when she walked out to find Owen and tell him that she was leaving for the day.

She found him looking into the cage, lost in thought.

"I'm leaving now." She said softly, as she stopped a few meters away from him.

He slowly turned around and nodded at her with a small smile.

"See you later." She said smirking, before she walked off towards her car.