Chapter 77

I woke up and couldn't feel Owen's protective arms around me, as I was used to. I slowly shifted a bit, but he wasn't in the bed.

I sat up and my eyes started searching the dark room . I found him leaning with his arm against the wall above the window and just staring out of it.

I slowly got out of bed and walked to him. I wrapped my arms around him from behind.

"What's wrong, Owen?" I asked softly.

"Nothing." He sighed. "Hey, don't do that." I said even softer than before.

"It's stupid." He said frustrated.

"No, it isn't. Talk to me." I said, gently kissing his neck.

"I just had a bad dream and now I'm worrying about the girls." He said quietly.

I wrapped my arms tighter around him and rested my head on his back.

He sighed before he explained further.

"I dreamt that I lost you and the girls to the I-rex and now I just worry about the raptors.
It's just ridiculous." He finished, a bit frustrated.

"It's not ridiculous. It's not." I said as
turned him around so I could face him.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and looked him in the eyes.

"I'm here. Your baby's here." I said as I gently cupped his face.

"And of course you worry about your girls and I know, that you'll miss them terribly, because you raised them, Owen. It's because you care, and that's what I love so much about you."  I said smiling, as I stroke the back of his neck.

He leaned down and rested his forehead against mine, before he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"What have I done, to deserve you?" Owen whispered, making me chuckle.

"Well, you had to work a bit for it, right?" I said laughing. "Yeah." Owen laughed.

"Let's go to bed." I said, slowly unwrapping myself from his arms before I dragged him towards the bed.

Finally I was wrapped in his arms again, feeling his muscular chest against my back
Owen protectively placed a hand on my belly. I placed my hand on his.

"Owen?" I asked, almost whispering.

"Mmh." He mumbled sleepily.

"I love you."