Chapter 53

They got into the car and drove further into the valley until they noticed a broken gate. They drove through and followed the trail from the Gyrosphere into the woods.

Deep in the forrest they found a broken gyrosphere.

Both quickly got out of the car and walked closer with their guns ready, closely followed by Claire.

The video was still running as they walked up to gyrosphere.

"Hey, there. I'm Jimmy Fallon.
Welcome aboard the Gyrosphere,
an amazing machine made possible by science.
Hey, there. Your safety is our main concern.
Now just relax and enjoy the ride." It kept saying.

Owen noticed a tooth in the metal and cut it out.

Claire looked around in panic searching for any signs of her nephews.

"No, no, no. No." She said in panic, as she kneeled down and picked up a broken cellphone. It must have been one of her nephews phone.

Owen slowly walked closer to her.

"Hey. They made it out." He said pointing at footprints in the mud before they quickly ran off, followibg their footprints who ended near a waterfall in a clearing.

"Oh, my God, they jumped." Claire said in shock looking down the waterfall.

"Brave kids." Owen added. Caithlyn had to agree on that one. That was brave.

"Zach! Gray!" Claire started to scream.
"Shh." Owen and Caithlyn hushed at the same time.

"Hey, I am not one of your damn animals." Claire hissed at them both.

"Listen, those kids are still alive, but we will not be if you continue to scream like that." Owen hissed quietly.

"So, you can pick up their scent, can't you? Track their footprints?" Claire said frantically.

"I was with the Navy, not the Navajo." Owen hissed. Caithlyn struggled not to laugh.

"So then what should we do? What do you suggest we do?" Claire asked frustrated.

"You get back. I'll find them." Owen answered, looking between Claire and Caithlyn.

"There's no way I'm going back without you. And definitely not with her." Caithlyn protested crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"It's not safe for you here." Owen hissed again.

- "I won't be safe back there either." She argued.

"I can't risk it." Owen said softly.

"You have to. You promised you wouldn't leave me. And besides, you probably wouldn't see me again anyway, because I would be in prison for beating her ass up." Caithlyn hissed quietly, nodding at Claire..

She didn't hear any of it.

Owen almost burst into laughter.
"No, we'll find them." Claire said.

"You'll last two minutes in there.
Less, in those ridiculous shoes." Caithlyn said annoyed, rolling her eyes.

"At least I can walk in them." She said smirking.

"Hey, stop it, you two." Owen hissed.

"We should get going, before the I-rex returns." Owen said.

"And just for the record - Caithlyn is actually pretty skilled, with those high heels." Owen added as he walked in the other direction with a smirk.

"Oh, so you remember?" Caithlyn said smirking even wider, than him.

"Oh, I remember." He said in a higher tone than usual, smirking widely as he looked away.

Caithlyn smiled triumphantly at Claire, who just stood there with wide eyes.

"You better head back, sweetheart." Caithlyn said in a mocking tone as she stepped past her and closer to Owen.

Claire started to roll up her sleeves and then put her hands on her hips, with an offended look on her face.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Owen asked confused.

"It means I'm ready to go." She answered, like it was obvious.

"Okay.
Let's get one thing straight. I'm in charge out here. You do everything I say, exactly as I say it." Owen ordered.

"Excuse me?" Claire said annoyed.

"Just relax. It's just like taking a stroll through the woods. 65 million years ago." Owen said as he loaded his gun. 

Claire took a deep breath before she walked off. Caithlyn shared one last look with Owen before she followed Claire.