Chapter 24

After worrying for a few hours she tried calling Owen a couple of times, but it just went straight to voicemail.

After grabbing a box of icecream in the fridge, she sat down on her couch feeling a bit offended.

She tried concentrating on the movie she put on, but she kept thinking about how stupid she was believing Owen actually liked her. She was just one of many girls on his list. She felt so stupid.

About halfway through the movie, someone knocked at her door.
Cursing under her breath, she quickly got out of the blanket she had wrapped herself in earlier and walked to the door.

She was surprised to see Owen on the other side of the door.

"Hi." He said softly.

"I tried calling you a hundred times." She said clearly frustrated.

"My phone is out. I'm sorry." Owen said softly before he stepped closer and grabbed a hold of her neck and kissed her passionately.

"Apology accepted." Caithlyn said gasping for air as Owen broke the kiss.

"Come on in." She said smiling, dragging him through the door.

"Are you hungry? I brought dinner." Owen asked as they walked into the living room.

Owen chuckled as he saw the icecream and the movie running. He placed the bag with food on the table, while Caithlyn walked up to him and looked him deep in the eyes as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I missed you." She whispered, playing with his hair.

"You did?" Owen asked teasingly.

"Mmh." She mumbled, kissing down his neck.

"Are you sure?" Owen said in the same teasing tone.

"I'll show you how much." She said smirking before she pushed him backwards through the door to the bedroom.

A couple of hours later they were eating, the now cold food Owen had brought with him earlier while they watched the rest of the movie together.

Caithlyn was curled up next to Owen on the couch, while he had his arm wrapped around her shoulder.

"You know what?" He started, making her look questioningly at him.

"No, what?" She asked, shifting a bit, so that she was looking directly at him.

"I missed you too." He said smiling, making her giggle.

"You charmer." Caithlyn said teasingly, as she got up to pick another movie.

She picked it up and showed it to Owen.

"Do you want to watch this in bed?" She asked smirking.

"If it means, I get to spend time with you, I will." He said smiling before he stood up and walked to the bedroom with her.

In the middle of the movie she got a text from Barry.

"Owen told me that he would go to your place. I'll take care of the raptors tomorrow, you two can take the day off. See you.
Barry."