Chapter 29

It was the 4th of july.

The park was decorated for the event and later there would be fireworks.
Everyone was excited to celebrate this special day.

Caithlyn had spend the night at Owen's place and went with him to the raptor paddock to train.

The raptors were doing good, but as they got older they got more and more self-willed and it was harder and harder to get their attention.

Today was a good day and they were listening to both Owen and Caithlyn.

"That was amazing." Barry said laughing happily as he walked up to them, after they dismissed the raptors.

"Yeah. It was." Owen said smiling excitedly at Caithlyn.

"Charlie is still a bit bitchy." Caithlyn protested, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

Caithlyn was about to leave so she said goodbye to Barry and walked down the stairs, almost bumping into Owen at the bottom.

"Are you leaving?" He asked disappointed.

"Yeah. I have to." She said smiling weakly.

"Meet me at my place at 8 tonight." Owen suggested.

"Okay. I'll see you later." She said smiling before she kissed him goodbye.

The clock was about 5 as she returned home, after training with the dinosaurs in the valley.

She took a really long shower and started to clean up, only to kill time before she had to get dressed to meet with Owen.

Caithlyn was stunned by the view as she pulled up next to Owen's trailer.

Small candles was placed in a path, all the way down to the water where Owen had set up a table for them.

Owen walked out of the trailer, smiling at her, as she slowly got out of the car and walked towards him.

"You did all of this by yourself?" She asked in awe.

"Barry helped me a bit." Owen chuckled, making her chuckle lightly too.

"I thought so." She said smiling.

"It's beautiful." She quickly added before she kissed him softly, before Owen grabbed her hand and dragged her to the table near the water.

Owen had cooked a beautiful dinner.

After dinner we cleaned up and sat down near the water and waited for the fireworks. Caithlyn sat between his legs with his arms wrapped around her body.

She rested her head back against his shoulder before Owen placed a soft kiss on her cheek.

She couldn't believe how lucky she was.

"Owen?" Caithlyn asked insecurely.

"Mmh." He mumbled looking down at her.

"I love you." She said almost whispering, making Owen's expression soften.

"I love you too." He said softly, before kissing her. In that moment the fireworks started making them both smile into the kiss.

"I'm going to check on the girls. Are you coming with me?" Owen asked as the fireworks stopped.

"Yeah. Sure." Caithlyn said before she got up and walked to the car with him.

It was quiet as they pulled up next to the paddock. There was only a few security guards. As the raptors got older they needed some security guards to keep an eye on them the whole time.

"I'm just going up to talk with the security." Owen said before he walked off, before Caithlyn walked to the cage and looked after the girls.

Her eyes quickly caught the sight of Charlie only a few meters from the gate caught on a wire. She must have gotten scared because of the fireworks and somehow she got caught on the wire.

"Owen! Charlie is caught on a wire!" Caithlyn yelled, before she stormed off to push the button to open the gate.