Chapter 32

Caithlyn' felt a lot better the next morning, and decided to get back to work. Nothing could cure a headache better than a movie and some cookies.

Caithlyn had a lot to do, with the preparations for the first show and she wanted to work with Owen and the raptors, so she was up early.

"Are you sure, you should go to work today?" Owen asked concerned, as she was braiding her hair.

"I'm fine, Owen." She reassured him.

"Just promise me, you'll take it slow, okay?" He said still sounding concerned.

"I promise." She said before she walked up to him and kissed him goodbye.

"I'll see you later." She said before she  walked off towards the door.

The training with her dinosaurs went really well, so she finished up early and went to the raptor paddock.

As she slowly walked closer to the enclosure to look for Owen, she saw Blue standing near the cage.

"Hey Blue." She said cheerfully as she walked into the cage. Blue quickly walked closer and pushed her nose between the metal bars, before Caithlyn gently stroke her nose.

Delta and Echo quickly joined them.
Charlie was still pretty shy around them, and kept her distance.

She couldn't help but smile about how cute they were. Owen probably spend a lot of time cuddling with them, when they were younger.

"Hey babe." Owen said from the other side of the cage. Caithlyn quickly gave the raptors one last stroke before she walked to Owen and Barry who had joined them.

She gave Owen a quick peck on the lips and greeted Barry with a hug.

"Are you doing okay, Caithlyn?" Barry asked.

"Yes, I'm fine, thank you." She answered, smiling warmly at him.

"Are you sure, you should be here?" Owen said concerned, gently pushing a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

"I'm fine Owen. You don't have to worry. I probably just ate something bad." She said, smiling reassuringly at him.

"Okay. Come on, let's train some raptors." He said happily, gesturing her to follow him.

They quickly walked up the stairs, where Caithlyn quickly felt a pair of eyes on her, making her look over to the other side of the catwalk. A man she hadn't seen before smirked at her, making a shiver run down her spine.

"You're up first Caithlyn." Owen said smiling, as they were ready to start the training. She quickly nodded and stepped forward.

They let a pig out and the raptors qucikly started their hunt.

"Hold!" Caithlyn commanded firmly as they ran towards them. The raptors stopped and looked up at them curiously.

"Good!" Caithlyn praised smiling widely, but Charlie was moving around as usual.  

"Charlie, eyes on me!" Caithlyn yelled at her, finally getting her attention.

"Good job." She praised again.

- "Eyes up! And down!" Caithlyn commanded, moving her hand up and down, making the four raptors move their heads up and down. 

Caithlyn smiled at Owen, who then stepped forward and took over.

"Eyes on me!" He ordered, with a concentrated look on his face. Blue kept her eyes on Caithlyn.

"Blue! Watch it!" Owen yelled, to get her attention, which he finally did.

- "Good!"

Charlie growled and started to walk around.

"Charlie! Hey! Don't give me that shit." Owen said, still with a really concentrated look on his face.

He finally got the attention of all the four raptors.

"Good! And, we're moving!" He commanded, walking down the catwalk with the four raptors following behind underneath him.

"Hold!" He yelled as he stopped by the bucket with frozen rats.

The raptors stopped and looked at him.

"Good! That is damn good." Owen praised them, before he reached into the bucket and grabbed a rat.
"Very good. See Charlie,  that's what you get." Owen said, throwing a rat to her.
"Echo, there you go. Delta!" He yelled, throwing a rat at each of them.

"Blue. This one is for you." He said before he threw a rat to her.

"Hold! Eyes up." He ordered, getting the attention of them all. It was amazing to watch and be a part of.

"Go." He said moving his hand down in one swift movement, making the four raptors run off. 

Barry and Caithlyn both hurried to Owen.

"You did it man." Barry said laughing, giving Owen a hug. Barry stepped to the side, allowing Caithlyn to get to Owen, who threw her arms around his neck.

"It was amazing." She said excitedly, almost unable to contain herself.

"Owen!" The man from earlier yelled behind them, interrupting their moment.