Chapter 20

Caithlyn pulled up next to the raptor paddock looking like a mess from the crying, so she quickly fixed her mascara before she got out of hef car.

No one else was there. The place was quiet except from the sound of the waves and the wind rustling in the threes.

She walked into the cage next to the paddock and whistled.

A few moments later the raptors gathered in front of her, making her bubble from joy.

"Hey girls. Were you asleep?" She said softly.
They all looked curiously at her, tilting their heads to the side.

"You can go now." She said after a moment.
Echo, Delta and Charlie ran off, but Blue stayed and watched her like she used to.

They both just watched each other for a moment, before she slowly walked closer. She stopped only a few inches from the metal bars.

"Hey there girl." Caithlyn said softly, before she gently stroke her nose.
Blue sniffed at her hand, making her chuckle lightly.

Suddenly she felt a presence behind her.

She didn't even have to turn around and look, she just knew it was Owen.

He carefully walked up behind her and stroke Blue's nose too. He was so close that she could feel his warm breath on her exposed neck and his chest against her back.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, almost whispering.
"I couldn't sleep." Caithlyn lied.

"How was your date?" She asked, without even wanting to know the answer.

Owen just shrugged.

"You shouldn't be here on your own." He said, still stroking Blue's nose.

"I can take care of myself." Caithlyn hissed before she stepped away from him, feeling really angry with him.

"What's wrong with you?" Owen said, almost yelling as she walked off towards the gate.

"Nothing." She hissed, not even looking at him.

"You're lying. You've been weird all day." Owen said frustrated, following her.

"It doesn't matter anyway." She said storming off towards the gate.

"It matters to me." Owen almost yelled.

"Let it go Owen." Caithlyn hissed as she opened the door and walked out of the cage, fighting against the tears.

"Caithlyn, wait! Talk to me." Owen said softly as he grabbed a hold of her wrist, stopping her from walking further away from him.

"I'm in love with you!" She yelled frustrated at him, as she turned around and looked at him.

Owen looked shocked at her before he let go of her wrist.

Caithlyn sighed in frustration and was about to walk away again, when Owen once again grabbed her wrist, making her turn around and face him.

Before she knew of it, he crashed his lips onto hers, sending shivers through her whole body.
Caithlyn quickly gave in and deepened the kiss.

"I've been in love with you since the first time I saw you." Owen whispered as he pulled away, gently stroking her cheek with his thumb.

Caithlyn looked him deep in the eyes before she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer. They had both been waiting so long for that moment, neither of them brave enough to admit their feelings for each other until now.

Owen smiled into the kiss, making Caithlyn smile too.

The kiss got even deeper and more intense after a moment.
Owen roughly pushed her up against the metal bars and slowly trailed small kisses down her jawline and down her neck, making her moan as he reached the crook of her neck.

She quickly reached for his belt buckle and pushed the fabric down, making him gasp into the kiss.

Owen slid his hands up her upperthigh and pushed the dress up as he lifted her up, keeping her steady between his body and the metal bars.