Chapter 59

They were almost ready to go.

I quickly walked up to Barry, who were getting ready by his Atv.

His face lightened up and his concerned look, turned into a soft smile as he noticed me.
I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him in for a hug.

"Please, come back safely. We need you, Uncle Barry." I said smiling, making him chuckle. "I will." He answered in his thick accent, before he hugged me again.

His eyes turned towards Owen, who were waiting in front. "You should probably hurry." He said smiling. I smiled back at him before I quickly ran to Owen.

I stopped right in front of him.

"No more goodbyes, okay?" I sighed , smiling weakly.

"No more goodbyes." Owen said before he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me into a deep kiss. I gave him a quick peck on the lips, as he pulled away. "I love you." I said smiling weakly, strugling to hold back my tears.

"I love you too." Owen said, gently touching my cheek. "Come back to me, safely." I said before I gave him one last kiss and walked off towards the kids and Claire, waiting at the car.

I looked back at Owen, who smiled sweetly back at me. I was so scared, that I wouldn't see him again.

I walked to Claire and the boys, who waited by the car.

"See? Totally safe." Claire said, as she looked into the back of the car.

"All right, get in. Come on.
Get in there." She said before she helped the boys inside.

"If you need me, I'll be right up front.
Just open that window. Okay?" She instructed.
I quickly jumped in with the boys, sitting down to their left.

"Put your seatbelts on." She ordered. The boys searched for the seatbelts, but there wasn't any.
"Okay, so just... hold hands." She said nervously before she closed the doors.

Gray reached out for mine and Zachs hand. I quickly took a hold of his hand, making Zach do the same.

I needed to watch, so I slowly got up and looked out of the side window.

"Nothing's getting in here, right?" Gray asked nervously. I was just about to answer, as Zach spoke.

"Hey. Do you remember that ghost at the old house?
Remember the one in the garage?
I protected you, right?" Zach said.

"You made a battle axe out of a ruler and a paper plate." Gray said quietly.

"Yeah. See, nothing is gonna get you while I'm around, okay?" Zach said smiling.

"But you're not always gonna be around." Gray said sadly.

"Yeah, well...
Hey.
We're brothers, okay?
We'll always be brothers and we'll always come back to one another.
No matter what." Zach said, pausing in between sentences.
"No matter what?" Gray asked.
- "No matter what."

I couldn't help but smile, from that cute brother moment. I didn't want to ruin it, so I just kept quiet looking out of the window.

Owen walked from cage to cage with the flesh from the Indominus and his clicker, letting the girls get the scent.

He got on his bike, before he looked at Barry, just right behind him.
Everyone was ready for action.

Barry nodded reassuringly at Owen, before Owen turned his head towards the intern and nodded, allowing him to open the gates.

I think it was the longest seconds in my life, expect for that time when we were waiting for the result of the pregnancy test.

The new intern, pushed the button and the raptors stormed off, quickly followed by Owen and Barry, and the rest of the team driving into the woods.