Chapter 47

Caithlyn and Owen had the next day off too, but neither of them were good with doing nothing.
So Owen was working on his bike and Caithlyn was writing reports.

Or at least she should be.

Instead she switching between watching Owen work on his bike and writing down names for the baby.

Owen looked really hot, as he was working concentrated.

"Are you staring at me?" He asked smirking, without taking his eyes of the machine.

"Yeah. I just can't help it. You're pretty hot." Caithlyn answered smirking, making Owen laugh.

He slowly got up and walked to her on the stairscase, smirking triumphantly before he leaned down and to kiss her.

"What are you doing?" He asked, before he snatched the notebook away from her and looked at it.

He chuckled as he read it.

"Clarissa, Carissa, Casey, Oliver, Nathan." Owen read out loud.

"You're writing baby names?" He asked smirking just as Caithlyn grabbed the notebook from him and hit him playfully with it. Owen chuckled before he walked back to the bike.

Suddenly a car pulled up, next to Caithlyn's. Claire got out and fixed her hair before she walked towards the pair.

"What do they want now?" Owen said annoyed.

"Mr. Grady, Mrs. Grady.
I need you to come take a look at something." Claire said as she walked closer. She gave Caithlyn a fake smile, before her eyes traveled to Owen.

"Why are you calling me Mr. Grady?" Owen said in a mocking tone.

"Owen." She corrected herself, looking really annoyed.

"If you're not too busy." She quickly added, looking between them both..

"We're pretty busy." He answered, taking a sip of his coke. Caithlyn slowly got up from her seat on the staircase leading to the trailer and placed her hands on Owen's shoulders, almost like she was protecting what was hers.

"We need you to take a look on a new species we've... made." She just continued.

"You just went and made a new dinosaur?" Owen said, still working on the bike.

"Yeah, it's kind of what we do here." Claire said in same mocking tone as Owen.

Now Caithlyn knew why their date wasn't actually a succes. But that was her luck.

"The exhibit opens to the public in three weeks.
Mr. Masrani wanted me to consult with you. We'd like you to evaluate the paddock
for vulnerabilities." She explained.

"Why us?" Caithlyn asked a bit suspicious.

"I guess Mr. Masrani thinks, since you're able to control the Raptors..." Claire started, but was interrupted by Owen.

"It's all about control with you.
We don't control the Raptors.
It's a relationship.
It's based on mutual respect." He explained, as he got up and wrapped his arms around Caithlyn's waist.

"Okay, okay. Can we just focus on the asset, please?" Claire said, sounding impatient.

"The asset?" Caithlyn said annoyed, like she couldn't believe that anyone would call an animal that. She hated when people talked about animals like that.

"Look, I get it. You're in charge out here. You gotta make a lot of tough decisions.
It's probably easier to pretend these animals are just numbers on a spreadsheet. But they're not. They're alive." Owen said, saving Claire's ass.

"I'm fully aware they're alive." Claire added, like she wanted him to get to the point.

"You might have made them in a test tube, but they don't know that.
They're thinking, "I gotta eat."
"I gotta hunt. I gotta..."
You can relate to at least one of those things. Right?" Owen continued to explain, pumping his fist into the air. Caithlyn had to smother a laugh, from his way to express himself. Claire just rolled her eyes at him.

"I'll be in the car. You might want to change your shirt.
They're very sensitive to smell." Claire said before she walked off towards her car.

Caithlyn couldn't help but chuckle. "Did she really just say that?" Owen said offended, as Caithlyn walked to him.

"Just go and get a clean shirt." She said smiling, before she kissed him and walked to the car where Claire were waiting.