Chapter 60

I watched as the raptors stormed off, quickly followed by Owen, Barry and the rest of the team.

I didn't have a good feeling about this.

I slowly turned around and kneeled down between the two boys, who already had opened the small window, into the front of the car, where Claire was following the team on her screen.

She was watching so intensely, she almost didn't notice us watching behind her.

I couldn't help but smile and feel proud, as I watched Owen drive side by side with his four girls.

"Your husband's a badass." Zach said in complete amazement.

"Yeah, he is." I said smiling.

In the meantime, in the field;

Barry looked at his screen.
"They're slowing down." He yelled to Owen.
"They got something." Owen said into the radio.

The raptors stopped in a small opening in the woods.

Owen and Barry stopped behind them. Owen raised his fist in the air, signaling to the others, that the raptors got something.

They got lined up with their guns.

"You know what? No, no, no.
You guys are not gonna watch this.
Keep the window closed." Claire said to the boys before she started to close the window.

'Sit down and scoot over." I ordered, so I could still watch the screen.

Suddenly the monster walked out from the trees and stopped right in front of the raptors. I was so scared, that I almost felt sick. Our four girls, my best friend and my husband was out there.

They started to growl at each other.

"Something's wrong.
They're communicating." Barry said to Owen.

"I know why they wouldn't tell us what it's made of." Owen said slowly.
"Why?" Barry asked confused.

"That thing's part Raptor." Owen answered, almost whispering.

I looked at the screen in shock.

"I think they are communicating." I said quietly, in shock.

Claire turned her head and looked shocked at me.

"That monster, is part Raptor." I said, still staring at the screen.

"Oh, my God." Claire said in shock, as the Raptors cameras turned towards Owen and the team.

They finally started to fire at the monster, with everything they got.

The monster turned around, together with the four raptors.

They fired a missile at her, making her stumble to the ground. But she was quickly back on her feet, ready to escape.

The raptors were still around. Claire and I both held our breath, as we watched the screen, watching whatever the raptors were looking at. I wanted to scream in panic, but I had to keep calm, not to worry the kids.

"Watch your six. Raptors got a new alpha." Owen said as he slowly walked forward.

They split up in smaller groups and walked deeper into the woods.

Suddenly the raptors attacked from everywhere. No one was safe.