Chapter 63

We made our way out of the innovation center, but our way was blocked by Blue.

Only a few seconds later, Delta burst through the door surrounding us together with the rest of her siblings.

I was happy and relieved to see Charlie, alive and good, but at the same time I wished they weren't there.

Owen and I protectively pushed the kids behind us again, even though it probably wouldn't help them much.

"That's how it is, huh?" Owen said putting his gun down. The raptors stepped closer to us, as they growled and hissed. Claire took a hold of Grays hand, as Owen slowly walked closer to Blue. The boys  were so scared.

"Easy. Easy." Owen repeated as he slowly reached for Blue's headband.

The others almost gasped, expecting that Blue would do the same to Owen, as Delta did to Hoskins.

"She won't hurt him." I said softly, almost whispering. Their Bond was rebuild.

"That's it." Owen said smiling after he removed the headband.

In the same second we heard a loud roar and the Indominus walked around the corner and towards us.

She communicated with the raptors. Blue turned her head towards us, making us gasp in anxiety.

But instead she chirped sweetly and shook her head. It was like she was saying; I got it, dad.

My heart jumped in happiness and relief. I looked over at Owen who were smirking, looking up at the Indominus.

Blue turned around and hissed at the monster, but it quickly grabbed her and threw her into the wall.

Owen pushed us behind him again, slowly stepping away from the Indominus.

Echo, Delta and Charlie turned towards the Indominus and hissed at her. Owen whistled, making the three girls attack.

We took our chance and ran. Things crashed around us, as she moved her huge tail. Claire and I, hid in one of the stands on the street, together with the boys.

Owen hid behind one of the fake amber rocks and fired at the monster as his three girls still fought it.

"24, 50." Gray counted, sitting in the corner.
"We need more." He said.
"More what?" Claire asked confused.
"Teeth. We need more teeth." Gray answered.

I shared a look with Claire. I got an idea.

I jumped to my feet and grabbed a flare in the first aid box on the wall.

"Claire, get Lowery to open paddock 9." I ordered calmly.

"But." Claire protested.

"I got it. Stay with the boys.
And tell Owen I love him." I said before I jumped out if the booth and ran off towards paddock 9.

The boys looked at Claire in shock.

"Everything is going to be fine." She said trying to sound convincing, before grabbing the emergency phone.

"Lowery are you still there?" She asked.

"Hey, where are you?" Lowery asked on the other end.

"Caithlyn wants you to open paddock 9." Claire said anxiously, trying her best to hide it from the boys.

"Paddock 9? You kidding?" Lowery said in disbelief.

"Damn it, Lowery, be a man and do something for once in your life." Claire hissed.

"Why did you have to make it personal?" Lowery said hurt.