Chapter 62

"Aunt Claire?! Did you see how Caithlyn controlled the raptors?! It was so cool! I can't wait to tell mom!" Gray squealed excited.

"Please, no.
Do not tell your mother about that, ever." Claire said almost in panic by the thought of Gray telling everything that happened to his mom.

I couldn't help but chuckle, from her comment.

"Lowery, we're headed your way.
Call in a chopper." Claire said over the phone.

"That was pretty cool." Zach said full of admiration. I chuckled before I answered. "They had a good trainer."

We finally arrived back at the park.

Owen quickly got off his bike and ran to the back of the car and helped me down.
He placed a soft kiss on my forehead, as I stood steady on the ground.
It was like, he had so much he wanted to say, but we didn't have time.

"Come on. Go inside." Claire said to the boys.
Owen grabbed my hand and dragged me with him, as we ran towards the center.

"Control room. That way." Claire ordered, as we ran into the building.

We had to run through the lab, to get to the control center.

"They evacuated the lab." Claire said in shock as she looked around the lab.

We all took a look around. It was pretty creepy.

We were suddenly interrupted by some of the workers, packing the things down.

"What are you doing?" Claire asked confused.

"I'm afraid that's above your pay grade, honey." Hoskins said in a mocking tone, as he walked. I wanted to punch him so badly, but Owen grabbed me before I could get to him.

"Where's Henry?" Claire asked, almost harshly.

"Dr. Wu works for us." Hoskins answered confidently.

"That's not a real dinosaur." Gray said, looking at the computer screen.

"No, it ain't, kid.
But somebody's gotta make sure that this company has a future.
Imagine that one, a fraction of the size...
deadly...
intelligent...
able to hide from the most advanced
military technology.
A living weapon unlike anything we've ever seen." Hoskins explained. Owen narrowed his eyes at him.

"You see? Millions of years of evolution, what did we learn?
Nature is the gift that just--" Hoskins continued smirking, until he was interrupted by Delta, jumping into the room.
"Shit." He yelled in shock.

Owen and I quickly pushed the kids behind us, to protect them.

Delta slowly walked closer to Hoskins, until he was pressed against the wall.
That gave us space enough to walk backwards towards the door.

"Easy, boy.
Easy. Hey, hey.
We're on the same side, right?
Right?
Easy.
Easy.
I'm on your side." Hoskins said nervously, carefully reaching his hand out to touch her, like he saw Owen and I do, so many times.

But Delta definitely didn't like that, and snapped. I just catched a climpse of Delta biting his hand, before Owen dragged me with him out of there. I could hear Hoskins scream, as we ran out of the lab.

The boys stopped in the middle of the hall, not knowing in which direction they should run.

"This way. To the left." Claire commanded.

"Come on." Owen and Claire said at the same time.We only ran a few meters before Delta jumped through the glass, cutting off our track.

We quickly turned around and ran in the other direction.

The floor was slippery, making it hard for her to get back on her feet. It bought us some more time.

We ran into the entrance hall. Gray pushed a button to one of the holograms, making a Dilophosaurus apear in front of Delta.

We quickly ran out through the huge entrance door, but our way was blocked by Blue who hissed at us.