Chapter 86

Owen's Point of view

I watched as Caithlyn led the boys into the kitchen. I couldn't help but smile, by the thought of her running around the house, to make everything perfect for the boys.

I hadn't seen her like this, since her dinosaurs hatched and she had to take care of them.

I guess it would be good for us all, having the boys here. Nothing had been the same since we had to flee from the island. We both missed the girls and the excitement of training with them.

"You have a pool?!" Gray exclaimed, as he walked into the kitchen and saw the pool through the large floor-to-ceiling windows.

"Can we use it?!" He asked excitedly.

"Of course. After you've got something to eat." I answered, placing a hand on his shoulder. I told the boys to sit down, as I set the table.

Caithlyn was by the stove, baking the last pancakes. I walked to her, wrapped my arm around her, making her turn a bit, before I leaned down and placed a loving kiss on her lips.
One of those kisses, who is soft, and last a bit longer than a normal peck on the lips. At first she looked a bit surprised at me, but then a warm smile crept onto her face followed by blushing cheeks.

She looked embarrassed over at the boys, to see their reaction. It seemed like my little gesture towards Caithlyn made them feel more comfortable.

We all sat down and ate the pancakes.

"So, how is school?" Caithlyn asked the boys.

"It's okay." Gray shrugged.

"What about you Zach? Did you decide on a college?" Caithlyn asked again.

"Not yet." He answered, giving her a weak smile.

"I thought about the college here." He suddenly added.

"Oh, okay. We could stop by and have a look, if you want?" Caithlyn said, looking between Zach and I.

Zach just nodded before he took another bite.

He was having a hard time. I just hoped it would help him, staying here with us for a couple days.

After lunch I took the boys on a tour around the house and showed them to their rooms.

I gave them time to unpack and settle down, so I walked downstairs to talk with Caithlyn.

I found her in the living room, looking out the window, hugging herself.

She turned around, by the sound of my footsteps.
She seemed upset.

I quickly walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her.

"They're hurting, Owen." She said with weak and shaky voice.

"They'll feel better in a few days, okay?" I said soothingly, followed by soft kisses on her cheeks.

"Can we go to the pool?" Gray asked smiling, from the other end of the room, standing together with Zach.

"Of course." I answered. "We'll join you in a bit." I quickly added, before the two boys stormed off.