Chapter 43

Caithlyn was fixing the last few strands of hair, as her parents walked in. They both gasped as they saw her, looking very emotional.

"Do I look okay?" She asked, showing off her wedding dress.

"You look beautiful, honey." Her mother said, before she carefully hugged Caithlyn, with tears of joy almost ruining her makeup.

"Don't make me cry." Caithlyn said warningly with a laugh, trying to hold back her own tears.

"I can't believe that's my little girl." Her father said before he walked closer and hugged her, making her giggle.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked, before Caithlyn nodded with a big smile on her face.

They all walked to her car and drove to the mountain, which had been decorated beautifully with flowers.

Caithlyn watched the trees as they drove by, as she always did when she was driving with Owen.

She couldn't wait to see him.

They had decided to get married on the mountain near the raptor paddock, but not too close to the enclosure. They wanted the beautiful view, but they didn't want to stress the girls.

The car was parked near one of the buildings and then they walked the rest of the way.

First her mother went down the aisle and took a seat in the front.

Then her sister walked and placed herself across of Barry, who were Owen's best man.

Everyone was there. It surprised Caithlyn to see so many at their wedding. Even Claire and Simon were there.

Caithlyn took a deep breath and walked closer to the aisle. Her heart almost stopped beating, when she saw Owen in his gray suit. He looked so handsome, standing there all nervous and emotional. He smiled happily at her, as their eyes locked. Caithlyn smiled happily back at him, fighting her own tears as she walked closer to him.

Owen quickly wiped away a tear. It almost melted her heart, making it even harder for her to hold back her  own tears.

She couldn't be more happy or impatient as she and her father stopped in front of Owen and the priest.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate one of life's greatest moments, the joining of two hearts. In this ceremony today we will witness the joining Owen and Caithlyn in marriage." The priest started.

Her father gave her a soft kiss on the cheek, before he gave Owen a hug and gave her away.

Owen took a gentle hold of her hand and smiled happily at her before they turned their eyes back to the priest.

"Today we have come together to witness the joining of these two lives. For them, out of the routine of ordinary life, the extraordinary has happened. They met each other, fell in love and are finalizing it with their wedding today.
Romance is fun, but true love is something far more and it is their desire to love each other for life and that is what we are celebrating here today.
True marriage is more than joining the bonds of marriage of two persons; it is the union of two hearts. It lives on the love you give each other and never grows old, but thrives on the joy of each new day. Marriage is love. May you always be able to talk things over, to confide in each other, to laugh with each other, to enjoy life together, and to share moments of quiet and peace, when the day is done. May you be blessed with a lifetime of happiness and a home of warmth and understanding." The priest spoke.

Owen and Caithlyn slowly turned to each other.

"I, Owen Grady, take you, Caithlyn Parker, to be my wife.
I knew you were something special, from the moment I saw you.
You changed my life for the better and I can't wait to spend eternity with you.
I promise to always be there for you, to take care of you, to comfort you and to laugh with you.
I will always love you." Owen spoke.

"I give you this ring as a symbol of my love and faithfulness. As I place it on your finger, I commit my heart and soul to you. I ask you to wear this ring as a reminder of the vows we have spoken today, our wedding day. " He spoke as he slid the ring on her finger.

"I, Caithlyn Parker, take you, Owen Grady to be my husband.
You took me by surprise. I never thought I would experience love like this, but you made me believe in true love and that everything is possible.
I promise to take care of you, to comfort you and to laugh with you.
And I promise to love you for all time." Caithlyn said with tears running down her cheeks.

"I give you this ring as a symbol of my love and faithfulness. As I place it on your finger, I commit my heart and soul to you. I ask you to wear this ring as a reminder of the vows we have spoken today, our wedding day. " She continued as she carefully slid the ring on his finger.

"Caithlyn and Owen, you have expressed your love to one another through the commitment and promises you have just made. It is with these in mind that I pronounce you husband and wife.
You have kissed a thousand times, maybe more.
But today the feeling is new.
No longer simply partners and best friends, you have become husband and wife and can now seal the agreement with a kiss.
Today, your kiss is a promise.
You may kiss the bride."

Owen wrapped his arm around Caithlyn's waist and pulled her closer before he kissed her.

The whole crowd cheered, making them both smile into the kiss,