Chapter 84

A couple of months passed.

In the meantime Owen and I got new jobs, studying different animals behavior.

Easter was coming up. The weather was really nice here, so we spend quite a lot of time at the beach, taking long walks.

Barry had settled down only 20 minutes from us, so he visited us a lot and helped Owen fix the house. It was really nice, having our best friend so close by.

It was time for the third check up and ultrasound scan, at 22 weeks.

I was getting pretty big and round, but luckily the sickness was gone and I felt really good.

Owen seemed more nervous, about the check up,than me.

"Everything is fine." I said reassuringly, trying to calm him down as we drove.

The doctor did the ultrasound. It was amazing, how much the baby had grown.

"Everything looks fine." The doctor said smiling, making both Owen and I sigh in relief.

"Do you want to know the gender, of your baby?" She asked.

Owen and I shared a look before we looked back at the doctor and nodded.

She looked closely at the screen.

Owen squeezed my hand in excitement.

"It's a girl." She said smiling widely at us.

Both Owen and I laughed happily before he leaned down. I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly before we shared a long kiss. "Then your feeling was right." Owen whispered, smiling at me.

"I want you to come back in 4 weeks. Just to check up on everything." The doctor said, looking over at me, as I was wiping the gel away.

I just got home from work, as I got a text from Karen.

"Hi. Hope you guys are doing good.
The boys asked if they could visit you, over the easter break. We just finalized the divorce and it's very hard on them, going back and forth between Scott and I. So maybe it would be good for them, to take some time off from everything."

I waited for Owen to get home from work, wanting his opinion.

I was in the kitchen preparing dinner for us, as I heard the frontdoor open and close.

"Hey babe." Owen said happily, before he walked up to me and placed a soft kiss on my lips. "Did you have a nice day?" I asked, with his arm around my waist.

"It was okay." He answered. "What about you two?" He asked smiling, placing his hands on my round belly.
"We had a good day." I chuckled.

He quickly placed another kiss on my lips, before he quickly walked into the hall. He returned with a bag in his hand.

"What's that?" I asked curiously, as he placed the bag on the kitchen counter.

He didn't answer, but just started to unpack.

Suddenly the kitchen counter was filled with toys and pieces of clothes, all in pink.

"Owen.." I said in amazement, as I watched him unpack. "Aww. It's so sweet." I said, looking at the rattle and the baby mobile.

"You know, she'll date eventually." I said teasingly looking at the piece of clothes with print on. It said "I'm not allowed to date. Ever."

Owen chuckled. "Do you like it?" He asked smiling. "Yes." I chuckled before I placed a soft kiss on his lips.