Chapter 72

"You should come and spend Christmas with us." Karen suggested.

I shared a look with Owen.

"Come on. Please." Gray said, looking at us with hope in his eyes.

Owen smiled at me, making me chuckle.

"Okay" I said nodding at Gray.
"Thank you." I added, smiling at his parents.

Karen and I exchanged phone numbers and other information, before I kneeled down in front of Gray.

"You can call or text anytime you want, okay?" I said gently grabbing his shoulders smiling at him, before I looked up at Zach.

Owen and I hugged both of the boys before they walked off with their parents. "Are you coming with us?" Karen asked Claire, as she stopped.

"Just a sec." She answered, before she turned to us.

"Thank you." She said with shaky voice and tears in her eyes.

I quickly just wrapped my arms around her, pulling her into a hug. She quietly started to sob.

After a moment she pulled away and smiled thankfully at me, before she walked to her family.

I turned around to face Owen.

"What are we going to do now?" I asked with tears in my eyes. The thought about leaving the island for good almost killed me inside.

"We'll buy a nice home and have a whole bunch of children." Owen chuckled before he cupped my face.