Chapter 64

I was waiting in front of the gate to paddock 9.

My heart was beating like crazy.

I protectively placed a hand on my belly. Please hang on little one. I know all this stress is bad for you, but I have to do it. I have to try, to save the others. Save your dad.

I prepared the flare and waited, as the alarm went off and the gate slowly opened.

Heavy footsteps got louder as the T-Rex came nearer the gate.

"Hey Rexy." I whispered under my breath, as I saw her yellow eyes in the dark.

I just stared at her huge features, before I slowly started to walk away from her, making sure she was following me. She picked up her pace, so now I had to run. I had to run really fast.

I ran towards the main part of the park, with Rexy on my heels.

Stupid idea, Caithlyn. Stupid idea. I said to myself as her footsteps came closer, even though I ran as fast as I could.

So many thoughts ran through my head, on the short run to the main street.

In the meantime the monster had knocked all of the girls out and Owen had to run, to not get hit by it's huge tail.

He ran to the boys and Claire, who were hiding in the booth.

He hushed them, just before the I-rex sniffled next to them.

She crashed into the building with her head, so they had to crawl backwards. She tried grabbing them with her huge claws,

Suddenly she got a hold of Grays dork pouch, almost pulling him with her. They all kept a good hold of him, until the strap broke.

I finally reached the main street and threw the flare at the Indominus, bringing their attention towards each other.

I threw myself to the ground, to not get hit by the bones flying through the air, as the T-Rex crashed into the skeleton.

Their roars almost shook the ground.

I lifted myself up, resting on my elbow as I found Owen's eyes, who were looking at me in awe.

The boys and Claire got to their feet, and watched in horror as the two dinosaurs attacked each other.

I quickly crawled to safety behind one of the decoration rocks and watched the I-rex hovering over the T-Rex.

It dragged her right into the building, where the others were hiding. Owen protectively pulled the boys closer to him, as the head of T-Rex crashed through the walls. He turned his eyes towards me in panic.

"Run!" I screamed in panic.

"Go! Go!" Owen yelled, as he looked up into the cracking ceiling of the building. They quickly ran passed the two dinosaurs, just before the I-rex crashed the T-Rex onto the building, crushing it completely.

They ran to me, to hide behind the rock. I quickly checked if they were okay, before we all turned our eyes towards the fighting dinosaurs.

The T-Rex tried to get up, but she was to weak.